Carbon bike storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi
I want to hang my road bike in the garage wall, I have one of these which I could use. Do you think that it would be ok to use or will it put pressure on those two point?

Also I presume the winter temperature drop will be ok on the carbon or does it need a pink blanket? :rofl:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It will be fine with that.

Doseone

Guru
Had my carbon bike for 8 years on something very similar to one of those with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

baldycyclist

Über Member
I am putting little woolie tubings on the frame as knitted by Mrs baldie

That type of type of rack will be terrible xxmimixx and its almost certain your frame will snap in half, if you just send it to ma hoose I'll make sure its stored properly for you, you can come and collect it 5 or 6 years time :whistle: Seriously my bike stand is similar and it doesn't seem to have damaged the carbon frame in the four years its been stored that way.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have two steel bikes with very thin tubes, both are yet to fall apart (rust) in 20 years. And one is part chromed... still looks like new.

Don't worry !!!

Sticking them on the wall keeps them out of the way, or, in my case, another or few on the floor below ! :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Worry about carbon...?

I've not had a carbon bike yet - got too many nice steel bikes that I have. Bought an alloy fixed for work 2.5 years ago, came with carbon forks and carbon seat post, you know they haven't melted or out, daily abuse, the alloy steerer didn't fall off ? Crazy, and these are no-name carbon parts !

Do I worry, NO !

Top Bottom