carbon Crack Or Paint Crack!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve23

there is a mark on my road frame, about 5cm from the BB on the rear left chainstay.

the mark goes vertically on the outside on the frame, for about 2cm.

i cant tell whether it is a scratch, which could of happened as its benn put in the garage and other bikes next to it, or indeed a crack!?

any advice!? ive had a ride on it, and i cant hear any "creeking" or anything untoward, but i doubt i would have. it might of been there for ages, as its a few months since ive ridden that bike!

thanks

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
more likely a scratch. A crack would have a jagged appearance. is it very straight?

OP
OP
S

steve23

on the opposite side on the frame, where the chain is, and has come off, the frame has been hit a few times, on the inside on the small chainring.

surely that is worse than the crack would be?

Harry Street

steve23 said:
there is a mark on my road frame, about 5cm from the BB on the rear left chainstay.

the mark goes vertically on the outside on the frame, for about 2cm.

i cant tell whether it is a scratch, which could of happened as its benn put in the garage and other bikes next to it, or indeed a crack!?

any advice!? ive had a ride on it, and i cant hear any "creeking" or anything untoward, but i doubt i would have. it might of been there for ages, as its a few months since ive ridden that bike!

thanks

There is now a company that can get the frame x-rayed and fix
any crack you may have! it's called Carbon Repair Technology ltd.
I run it..

Top Bottom