Carbon crack with pictures - advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Genuinely not sure if this is a joke or not...

Genuine

A custom Portofino R frame includes:

1. custom steel frame built to your measurements in the Battaglin workshop
  2. carbon fork manufactured in Italy
  3. head parts
  4. custom paint or custom cromovelato finishing (one color from the Officina Battaglin cromovelato selection)
  5. individually numbered plate
  6. certificate of Authenticity signed by Giovanni Battaglin
The price for a Portofino R 2023 frame custom-made for you in the Battaglin workshop starts at 8.000 €.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think for £750 I'd kind of expect that :smile:

i told him he had been ripped off :smile: £350 to strip and rebuild the bike even with internal cabling i think they saw him coming .£400 for the repair job i would think giving it had to have a colour match spray job is not too bad .

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Thanks for the replies. I’ve looked into getting it repaired and from a couple of quotes would be roughly £300-£400 for repair.

Is there any legs in just buying a frame and taking all my drivetrain off the cracked bike (all ultegra) and having it rebuilt on a new frame?

That's exactly what son no. 2 and myself have been doing this summer.

My damaged Raleigh SP Race has been mostly cannibalised so lots of parts could be put onto the Viner Mitus 'winter' bike build. The Raleigh is now just a frame plus enough to use on Zwift.

Son no. 2's Boardman AirPro had lots of the parts transferred to a Ridley Fenix frameset. The Boardman frameset-plus-parts is in the For Sale section at £100.

And his damaged PlanetX Nanolight has had a parts swap onto a Ridley Helium frameset.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
i told him he had been ripped off :smile: £350 to strip and rebuild the bike even with internal cabling i think they saw him coming .£400 for the repair job i would think giving it had to have a colour match spray job is not too bad .
Dunno, strip and rebuild, then presumably adjust so everything works correctly. Ten hours @ £35 an hour? Then there's VAT. Skilled labour, it's not a Ferrari I know but that's about what I'd expect.

Jameshow

Veteran
I'd concur and would personally defintely write that frame off - don't trust placcy stuff at the best of times let alone after such a substantial impact.

Given the cost of repair I very much doubt it would be economically viable and your best bet would be to find a replacement (steel! :whistle: ) frame and swap the bits over.

Reynald will do it for a jar of chutney!!

Top Bottom