carbon vs aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
no.

colly

Re member eR
To paraphrase someone else (don't know who)

Wiggo could win the TdF on my bike ..............I couldn't win it on his.

It might make you feel faster, I wouldn't know tbh.:rolleyes:

fossala

Guru
Yes, but not by anything worth noting. A lighter/stiffer bike will make you faster as you use/waste less watts of power, doubt you will notice though.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
So most average people who buy carbon bikes are wasting there money better buying cheaper bikes like aluminium
Well, perhaps waste is the name of the game these days.:whistle:
We eat too much, what a waste. We pay for 'stuff' we don't need what a waste. We buy cars instead of cycling, what a waste. We throw away perfectly good clothes instead of repairing just because they have one hole in, what a waste.
On the other side of the coin, if you've got the money who are we to say what is waste. If the average bloke feels good on his mega expensive carbon bike fair play to him.
At least he's not spending his money on loose women and booze! :biggrin:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Since having my bit of carbon, i have beat all my old times on strava..^_^
Well most of them.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
If the geometry and kit on the two bikes is the same but the Alu bike is lighter and stiffer than the carbon one you are contemplating then no, vice versa then yes. Simples :thumbsup:

This.
So most average people who buy carbon bikes are wasting there money better buying cheaper bikes like aluminium
Just because the world as gone carbon mental doesn't mean you can't buy high end alu frames anymore.

I'm not going to make any recommendations as that would make me a real cad (sic) :whistle:

I stick to what I was told many years ago, buy the very best frame your budget will allow, everything else is easy to upgrade.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android

As a material steel has been used to make bikes for years, and it is a material it is cheaper than Aluminium. Would you therefore suggest that most average owners of Aluminium bikes are wasting money and better off buying cheaper bikes like steel?

Top Bottom