Careful, You Could've Given Me A Heart Attack!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Shes after something .

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
She wants to see what exactly it is you're doing while you keep disappearing out of the house and then come home tired and jump in the shower.

I was chatting with another school parent and got onto cycling. Apparently there was a real hoo haa last year because a married chap parent and a married lady parent (but not married to each other) we're "popping out for a ride" for a few hours at the same time

My OH came home tonight with a cycle helmet. :eek: Apparently we're going cycling tomorrow! She hates cycling! I'll be the one making sure everything's ship shape with her bike tomorrow though.
You got to work this right if you want the bliss to continue. Spend the night researching a nice stopover place where the cake is well known and there is some history to talk about. At the stopover don't spoil it by ordering a pie for yourself. If possible find a cafe where the tea comes with one of the 3 min timers.

Phyllosc

I see potential difficulties here. First, let's assume your NOT having an affair - a 'ride for a ride' as it were! If you see cycling as a way of spending more meaningful time together, then let it be a gentle introduction. Keep the ride within her fitness level and incorporate the things she likes - tea stops, history, wildlife, shopping, whatever... Alternatively, if cycling gives you the opportunities to escape the grinding routines of life, work, relationships etc then go out and ride the legs off her, she'll never want to do it again!

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
That went very well. We spent an hour ambling around the cycle paths. She saw areas she hadn't seen before and realised how close things are by bike.

I went on my fixed gear so we both feel like we've done some exercise. She said she enjoyed going out on her bike and has set a goal: to be able to cycle to Lydiard Park and back by the end of the summer. That's a round trip of just under 5 miles the way I go. We covered 3 miles today though with some stops.

That went very well. We spent an hour ambling around the cycle paths. She saw areas she hadn't seen before and realised how close things are by bike.

I went on my fixed gear so we both feel like we've done some exercise. She said she enjoyed going out on her bike and has set a goal: to be able to cycle to Lydiard Park and back by the end of the summer. That's a round trip of just under 5 miles the way I go. We covered 3 miles today though with some stops.
Thanks for the update. Count yourself lucky. I still have a brand new golf set that I bought for OH, 2 decades ago.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country

Good for your her! Glad she enjoyed it :smile:

Top Bottom