Carerra crossfire 2 crank set

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Samjgarlick

Hi all. Lookin for some help finding the right crank set. The chain rings bent on the original set, so I took it off and went to Halfords for a replacement. The guy at Halfords gave me a spare out of the back as parts were hard to come by (due to the pandemic). Unfortunately the set I put on seem to have a different offset in the centre and don't fit, now the chain rings are to close to the frame. Stupidly I've miss placed the old ones so can't us them as a referance. Is there a standard fit/size people know of so I can find the right replacement. Thanks

P.S I bought the bike new in 2017

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sorry can’t help you with the rings but you might be okay with ones from Halfords. Unless they’re actually touching the chain stay you should be fine. Post a pic if you can.

OP
OP
S

Samjgarlick

Sorry can’t help you with the rings but you might be okay with ones from Halfords. Unless they’re actually touching the chain stay you should be fine. Post a pic if you can.

Thanks for your response. I've tried uploading a photo but the file size is to big. The problem with the new crank set is the offset in the middle is different to the original, so smallest ring is to close to the frame and the the derailleur can't change the from the 2nd ring, even with adjustment.

Do crank sets come in all different off sets or is there a couple of types? Or is there anywhere on line I can't find the specs for the bike that will give me parts info? I've had a look but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

Top Bottom