Carless??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brooks

Bought myself a lovely 2nd hand steel tourer on the money saved from not paying that TV license scam, makes going carless even sweeter.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
My do it all transport.

Attachments

• 20210606_082038.jpg
    20210606_082038.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 7

Brooks

My do it all transport.
Lovely looking bike that looks like it can handle any task
I moved house with it. Got a wardrobe on the trailer.
😀 Brilliant, i love hearing how others get by. I went for a walk in a different area yesterday and saw a bloke sitting on a bench next to his bike. I stopped to ask him about the cycle route we were on, well it turns out he's retired and he gets out on his bike every day exploring the highway's and byways. It looked much like yours.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
It's a Rayleigh Royal around 15 years old and the best I could afford when new. Replace things as they wear out and at a guess 12000 miles in that time. Brilliant investment.

GetFatty

Ãœber Member
Never owned a car or held a driving license and can't say I've missed it. I've lived both rurally and in a city. I tend to walk or cycle most places I need to get to or get a bus/train (eg to hospital yesterday). In recent years I've found my tolerance for alcohol lowering or I'm just getting lazier so I do tend to get an Uber back from the pub (obviously a car would be no use to me in this situation though :smile: )

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Never owned a car or held a driving license and can't say I've missed it. I've lived both rurally and in a city. I tend to walk or cycle most places I need to get to or get a bus/train (eg to hospital yesterday). In recent years I've found my tolerance for alcohol lowering or I'm just getting lazier so I do tend to get an Uber back from the pub (obviously a car would be no use to me in this situation though :smile: )

The nearest I've ever got a licence is a provisional as teenager with small motorbikes , since then I've been motor free.

Top Bottom