Carlton hello!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup, just one set of cages. Odd.
I'm intrigued by the head badge. I can't quite see from the pics but the fixing doesn't seem original.
If OP were to carefully remove those fixings - the badge is worth saving - then there might be some indication of original frame colour under there. I still think that's original.

midlife

Guru
It's not a Carlton colour that I have come across before. In my day Carlton were proud of their finishes. Chrome, flams, acryllichrome and the like.

All uphill

Still rolling along
In the first images there seems to be traces of script on the down tube just below the shifter for the rear derailleur.

Not very clear on my phone, but looks like
De---- Da-------

Can you see it? Or am I hallucinating?

I can see something but can't make out what. But, I can see that the paint is chipped/rubbed away showing what seems to be blue paint underneath. Unlikely to be primer or undercoat so maybe the peach isn't original.

midlife

Guru
On one of the later pics there is what looks like the block carlton lettering of the 70's on the seat tube.

midlife

Guru
s-l300.jpg
Head tube lugs look like these

D

Deleted member 1258

In the first images there seems to be traces of script on the down tube just below the shifter for the rear derailleur.

Not very clear on my phone, but looks like
De---- Da-------

Can you see it? Or am I hallucinating?

It looks like there was writing there a long time ago, but theres not much left now, I'm looking at it on my desktop with a 21 inch screen

I've just blown that up so big that it was starting to pixellate. There are faint traces that there are three words with the last two being hypenated, maybe a name. Something like -Juxxx or -Joxxx. What was the guys name? Could he have had his own name on the downtube?
OP should be able to tell us.

D

Deleted member 1258

Could that writing be some after market transfers put on after what might have been the peach respray? If so they could say anything.

I put the picture on my computer and blew it up but still couldn't make it out, above 300% it got to blurry, But as you say it could be anything.

D

Deleted member 1258

Agreed, but it doesn't look like standard Carlton, or any other manufacturer's typeface of labelling. There seems to be too much of too small a size

Its probably an after market label, I tried some filters but couldn't make out any more.

Top Bottom