Carrera by Podium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
New bottom bracket fitted tonight

And a 2.5 mile road test ^_^

woodbutcher

Veteran
Its been confirmed as 1997 or 98 year model
How do you go about confirming date of manuf. on your
Italian bike ? l ask because l have finally got a deal in Italy on the Moser. l haven't got it delivered yet but it is supposed to be 1981. Do you go by frame numbers, if any or is there another way ? :cuppa:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
How do you go about confirming date of manuf. on your
Italian bike ? l ask because l have finally got a deal in Italy on the Moser. l haven't got it delivered yet but it is supposed to be 1981. Do you go by frame numbers, if any or is there another way ? :cuppa:

i shared a picture of it on Carrera's face book page

Love the paint job and the look of the bike. It looks to me like it would be fast but harsh? Does it ride nice?

Thanks only had a gentle ride so far but yes it feels nice and i didnt think it was harsh

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
First real ride earlier today on this one nice and smooth on the 12 mile loop .

IMG_20170523_054310629_HDR.jpg

View attachment 353605
IMG_20170523_054324821.jpg

Last edited:

woodbutcher

Veteran
Finally had a look at the stuck quill stem on this earlier in the week , two days and several applications of Plus Gas and it finally moved and then a few more and hey presto.

View attachment 354511 View attachment 354512 View attachment 354513
Phew ! thats a result, for me its a nerve wracking business, all that "will it ,won't it and if not, why not" stuff !!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Phew ! thats a result, for me its a nerve wracking business, all that "will it ,won't it and if not, why not" stuff !!
Next move was to cut the stem and machine the stem out , which i hate doing

It was no surprise when i carried on stripping it all down the headset bearings were a bit dry so some fresh grease and it feels a lot better thankfully

woodbutcher

Veteran
Next move was to cut the stem and machine the stem out , which i hate doing

It was no surprise when i carried on stripping it all down the headset bearings were a bit dry so some fresh grease and it feels a lot better thankfully
This is what makes bringing bicycles back to their lovely fully functioning selves so addictive , at least it does for me and l suspect everyone else.
My problem at the moment is that l don't yet have my next project in my hot little hands. Suffice it to say that communications between me and Italy aren't going terribly well but l will plod on and hope for the best :cuppa:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This is what makes bringing bicycles back to their lovely fully functioning selves so addictive , at least it does for me and l suspect everyone else.
My problem at the moment is that l don't yet have my next project in my hot little hands. Suffice it to say that communications between me and Italy aren't going terribly well but l will plod on and hope for the best :cuppa:
oh dear fingers crossed

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Finally had a look at the stuck quill stem on this earlier in the week , two days and several applications of Plus Gas and it finally moved and then a few more and hey presto.
I suspect most people would have left it as it was but I know you do a proper job. Is this going to be a keeper?

woodbutcher

Veteran
There are quite a few fighting to be keepers at the mo ie Holdsworth Professional , Shorter ,Legano and this
Decisions , decisions !! Here's another one for you and l really would appreciate an un biased opinion. The big parcel arrived from Italy today (hurrah) opened said parcel to find a totally different bike to the one l negotiated for . It is similar in one respect in that it is a F Moser bike as was the one l thought l had bought. I emailed the seller immediately asking what he was prepared to do about this but surprise surprise l have had no reply as yet. I will post photos if you would like to see it and it is nice but it it isn't the same spec. as the one l expected.....put it all down to experience or play hell via paypal etc ?

Top Bottom