Carrera by Podium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Decisions , decisions !! Here's another one for you and l really would appreciate an un biased opinion. The big parcel arrived from Italy today (hurrah) opened said parcel to find a totally different bike to the one l negotiated for . It is similar in one respect in that it is a F Moser bike as was the one l thought l had bought. I emailed the seller immediately asking what he was prepared to do about this but surprise surprise l have had no reply as yet. I will post photos if you would like to see it and it is nice but it it isn't the same spec. as the one l expected.....put it all down to experience or play hell via paypal etc ?

is it a nicer bike ?

is it the right size ?

i would presume that a lot of your un happiness comes from the shock if the seller had informed you then the shock would not have been there

what would i do ? i would give the seller a time to reply if no reply then paypal route , but be warned expect to be out of pocket

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I went to school with a guy who rode for Carrera. Iirc he rode in the TDF Volta and the Giro.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Had a visit last night from an Australian based bike enthusiast once we had talked about and he had finished rummaging around the garage we grabbed this and my Ian May and went for a very nice 18 mile ride and he said that the Carrera went well and certainly felt like a nice bike .

woodbutcher

Veteran
is it a nicer bike ?

is it the right size ?

i would presume that a lot of your un happiness comes from the shock if the seller had informed you then the shock would not have been there

what would i do ? i would give the seller a time to reply if no reply then paypal route , but be warned expect to be out of pocket
Wise words, not sure if it is a nicer bike because l only saw photographs of individual features of the other one. You are right it was a surprise / shock to receive this bike but l have got over that. l guess that just leaves the size issue and it might be on the large size for me, l will get it assembled properly and see how l feel about it. By the way l apologise for lumbering you with the problem, l maybe should have made a new post for general consumption / entertainment....might yet do that with photos :smile:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Wise words, not sure if it is a nicer bike because l only saw photographs of individual features of the other one. You are right it was a surprise / shock to receive this bike but l have got over that. l guess that just leaves the size issue and it might be on the large size for me, l will get it assembled properly and see how l feel about it. By the way l apologise for lumbering you with the problem, l maybe should have made a new post for general consumption / entertainment....might yet do that with photos :smile:

no issues re asking ask away any time even feel free to private message me i dont mind

Get it assembled and re appraise the situ , you could always box it up and send it onwards to nn8

woodbutcher

Veteran
thought l'd cut the cackle and post a few pics ...

Attachments

• 2017-05-31 10.43.46.jpg
    2017-05-31 10.43.46.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 69
  • 2017-05-31 10.46.37.jpg
    2017-05-31 10.46.37.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 2017-05-31 10.47.13.jpg
    2017-05-31 10.47.13.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 2017-05-31 10.47.23.jpg
    2017-05-31 10.47.23.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 78
  • 2017-05-31 10.48.53.jpg
    2017-05-31 10.48.53.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 2017-05-31 10.49.09.jpg
    2017-05-31 10.49.09.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 2017-05-31 10.50.15.jpg
    2017-05-31 10.50.15.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 2017-05-31 10.54.06.jpg
    2017-05-31 10.54.06.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
thought l'd cut the cackle and post a few pics ...

wow that's a bit nice , and loads of pant work as well

i think if i opened a box and found that i would be quite happy ^_^

woodbutcher

Veteran
wow that's a bit nice , and loads of pant work as well

i think if i opened a box and found that i would be quite happy ^_^
yes it is nice but so was the other one, l will talk to the Italian seller and try to work something out that keeps both of us happy because l really don't want the hassle of sending this one back etc etc . :cuppa: 'maybe he would let me have the other Moser at a knock down price haha!

woodbutcher

Veteran
Im starting to be more enthusiastic about the bike and at the risk of boring you, the following is the bikes spec. from the top down....
Bike model, F Moser san cristobal, Campy fluted and panto Moser seat stem with a Selle royal panto Moser saddle.
3ttt bar stem panto F Moser
3ttt bars Mod. Grand Prix Italy
Gipiemme brake leavers and Gipi. sprint callipers
F Moser panto chrome fork crowns and headset.
F Moser panto chrome front and rear dropouts
Gipiemme sprint hubs and Mavic GP4 rims
Campy Nuovo gran sport rear/front derailleurs and shifters.
regina 6 speed
Gipiemme panto chainrings and cranks
FM cut out bottom bracket.
No more l promise, l just have to think what to do with it if it is too big for me ( l really hope it isn't )^_^

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Im starting to be more enthusiastic about the bike and at the risk of boring you, the following is the bikes spec. from the top down....
Bike model, F Moser san cristobal, Campy fluted and panto Moser seat stem with a Selle royal panto Moser saddle.
3ttt bar stem panto F Moser
3ttt bars Mod. Grand Prix Italy
Gipiemme brake leavers and Gipi. sprint callipers
F Moser panto chrome fork crowns and headset.
F Moser panto chrome front and rear dropouts
Gipiemme sprint hubs and Mavic GP4 rims
Campy Nuovo gran sport rear/front derailleurs and shifters.
regina 6 speed
Gipiemme panto chainrings and cranks
FM cut out bottom bracket.
No more l promise, l just have to think what to do with it if it is too big for me ( l really hope it isn't )^_^

You would grow into it

Top Bottom