Carrera Intercity Folding Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Hi , I wonder if anyone has any experience of the Carrera Intercity Folding Bike as sold by Halfords. I would like first hand experience , pros and cons and is it easy to carry on a train ? Thanks !

Cycleops

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi , I wonder if anyone has any experience of the Carrera Intercity Folding Bike as sold by Halfords. I would like first hand experience , pros and cons and is it easy to carry on a train ? Thanks !
I think only you will know how easy it is for you to carry onto the trains that you use :smile: My trains are so packed that getting off (morning) and on (evening) that even a neatly folded Brompton would be a challenge. Go check one out in store for size when folded and weight (14kg apparently)

There are a bunch of reviews on the Halfords site https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/folding-bikes/carrera-intercity-folding-bike-grey (almost all are 4/5*)

Last edited:

12boy

Guru
14 kg is a lot to carry any distance, especially if you have other things to carry. It's also a lot to maneuver into tight spaces on public transport. I've bought a couple of Chinese bikes in the last few years and found they are very stingy with the low grade grease they use. I immediately replace the grease in bearings and headset with higher quality grease, and as I found none at all in the bottom bracket threads, greased the threads generously. Makes it a lot easier to pull later. Applying grease in the seat tube can also be a good idea unless the directions (A la Brompton ) say not to. I'd also check everything closely before I went home with the bike. Such things as brake pads out of alignment on the rim, wheels out of true or wheels not spinning freely due to overtightened cones should all be fixed gratis before you take the bike home. Lastly, ride the bike some distance before you buy it. I've found that quite a few bikes that look good on the net or even in person, were unpleasant for me to ride although fine for others and vice versa. Good luck with your new friend.

Top Bottom