Carrera MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Streamers for your handlebars 👍

Tubeless? 1 x group set? New grips? New pedals? New saddle?

Smudge

Veteran
If the saddle is anything like the instrument of torture that was on my Carrera, then you'll obviously want to change that. I also dont like the grips that come with them, so i bought some Ergon copies. Both of these things are cheap to replace.
After that i agree with Spiderweb, ride as is.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

ok fine...thanks for every 1s advice...everything is working fine at the minute but some people like to upgrade it...love watching matt jones's new videos....any one know Matt Jones? - insane downhill bike and freestyle and everything...posts 3 videos a week.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Which model? There are some decent ones.

I'd suggest, as others have done, a different saddle. Different hand-grips make a massive difference as the ones supplied are often quite basic.

Beyond that, better tyres / more suitable chainrings/cassette / different pedals / lighter wheels but the cost starts to add up.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Me personally - first, upgrade everything you touch when riding (hands, feet and arse) So grips, pedals and saddle

Then tyres

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I changed my daughters fork from coil suntour xcm to air Rockshox 30 on her vengeance ltd for not too much money, don’t know what model you have but the fork is often a good place to start.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Did it make a big difference?.
Hi mate, I think I wrote about it on your post about your sons bike. To be honest no, as she hasn’t ridden it since!!
But, when she does ride it (fair weather rider) I’m sure it will as the stock Xcm was so stiff for her very light weight and only adjustable for preload (she’s a very slim 13 year old) the air fork is completely adjustable to your needs and makes the bike a lot lighter.

keithmac

Guru
Yeh my lad seems happy enough with his at the moment, maybe a Birthday present upgrade if he's not wanting anything else!.

Gunk

Guru
It’s cheaper to sell it and but a better, higher spec, lightly used bike. Plenty of bargains out there, lucky for you mountain bikes are currently slightly out of fashion, so Gumtree and eBay are awash with bargains.

Top Bottom