Carrera TDF Ltd Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Having tried this medium sized bike I have to admit with a 54cm measurement from the top of the tube to the bottom bracket, it is too small for me. But I have established that I like riding on drop bars.

I only bought it a week or two ago and it was sold "as new". Although it is in very good condition and shows little sign of use, (still has the label on it !)it is not quite that way. The seller told me he bought it to commute on just before losing his job.

It has a couple of careless parking chips to the paint which I have pictured, and the raceblade appears to have chewed some finish off the Tektro rear brake caliper. Still, with the raceblades included it must be worth the £175 I paid for it, so that's the price I am looking for. I live in Winterbourne just north of Bristol.
feb 11 009 [640x480].JPG feb 11 006 [640x480].JPG feb 11 007 [640x480].JPG feb 11 008 [640x480].JPG

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I am also going to put this up for sale on a local facebook sales forum.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Yes I suppose I could, but I haven't got a suitable box, and would not be all that confident I'd pack it up well enough for the carrier not to damage it. I've never posted a bike before. Not violently opposed to it but surely it's preferable for both sides for the buyer to inspect it first ?

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Will look into that. In the meantime...some foreigner is trying to scam me on Trade-It !

"Happy to learn it is still available and in good condition and available.I will buy it for the price.I am sincere about buying it so i will suggest you mark it as sold.
I will send you payment for it. The payment would be by money order or certified check which will clear before collection. The fund i will send you will include money for the shipping agent who will pick it up from you.
I will need your;
Name,
Address and code
phone number
Agreed price,
I await this details so i can buy this immediately."

redcard

Veteran
Will look into that. In the meantime...some foreigner is trying to scam me on Trade-It !

I get paid this Friday, so could send payment then, give you a few days to get it packed up. Prepared to go 50/50 on postage, which I'm guessing would be £15 each max.

redcard

Veteran
Hi Redcard, I think I can do this if you wish. If you are still interested please let me know !

Cheers

Arjimlad, thanks for the update.

It looks like I'm going to have to delay purchase of a bike. Work messed up my tax this month, and don't want to leave myself short, so probably gonna wait until I get it back next month.

I think I'll have a bit more to spend and probably be looking at something a bit pricier.
I think that if I get a TDF I'll regret I didnt get a better bike.

Cheers anyway, and good luck with ye sale.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Ok, thanks for the update. Onwards & Upwards - looking like the Bay of E at the moment as these seem to go for a lot more than I'm asking for this one ! Good luck with your purchase when you do make it.

Top Bottom