Carrying inner tube under the saddle ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Need 2 bottles this time of year for longer rides, last weekend did a century and using 2 bottles i had both, refilled one at a stop and bought another drink so 2 litres .
It was warm though :smile:

Sharky

Guru
How about using an empty water bottle and put stuff in it ?
I do this for my waterproof jacket. Just cut a plastic bottle in half and insert a rolled up jacket.

davidphilips

Veteran
Looks like either another bottle cage perhaps on the handlebars or a frame triangle bag?

Attachments

• Chrysanthemum.jpg
    Chrysanthemum.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Chrysanthemum.jpg
    Chrysanthemum.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 61

Tin Pot

Guru
Looks like its a carrying bottle for the bottle cage then,should be enough room, good thing about these you can just use one for as many bikes as you have, on the on shown these 2 tubes tyre levers and co2 with canisters and room for a multi tool ..

This.

In black, of course.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Don't Lezyne make a bigger saddlebag using the saddle rail clamp? I'm sure I've seen one and I thought that it might hold a big enough bag well behind thighs. (I had the rubbing problem with a largish Topeak bag and found that its velcro strap attachments to the saddle rail work better for me with the saddlebag attached upside down. It swings about a bit but doesn't rattle and it hasn't fallen off yet.... But the seatpost velcro strap has never troubled my inner thighs.)

Sharky

Guru
It's only been recently (last 10 yrs or so) that I've been using a small under the saddle bag. I always used to put the tubes, tools and repair kit etc into a stout plastic bag and roll it up, then attach it under the saddle with a genuine leather toe strap.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Love the description for this ..... 'easy access of your puncher repair kit'.

bpsmith

Veteran
Just get one of these;

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Silca/Premio-Seat-Roll/EMBO

Best saddle storage thingy I've used;expensive yes but worth every penny.
It’s a slippery slope buying Silca!

Now got a pile of their products and they’re all amazing. Just sign up to their mailing list and watch out for the flash sales. Even with shipping and Duty charges there are some pukka deals to be had.

Torn between the HX1 Hex set or the T-Ratchet & Torque set as my favourite. Luckily I don’t have to choose. :smile:

bpsmith

Veteran
Nice item, but I needed a lie down after seeing the price of what is, after all, only a miniature-size bag. For me, fitting one of those to my machines would be a bit like the old Skoda joke about doubling the value of your car by filling it with petrol.
Doesn’t matter how much your bike costs, the Silca roll would look awesome on it. :smile:

Mine was a Christmas gift, which was very nice indeed.

bpsmith

Veteran
Round my way, some light-fingered scumbag would probably rob the Silca roll and leave the bike!
There are some like that my way too.

I only ever leave my bike chained up inside the building at work. I get the difficult to reach spot on the rack, under the stairs, which nobody wants. It’s perfect in my mind! :smile:

Top Bottom