carrying items on your commute!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scottystl6

hi guys,
im a design student looking to redesign the way in which commuters within inner citties carry their work etc along their commute.
with the aim of not only making the product easier to use, but look more professional and more suited to use within a buisiness environment.

so if you have 2minutes could you please answer this 10 question survey please!!??
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X2KGMJP

any other feedback would also be appreciated,
thanks
scott

9. does your commuting bag/pannier reflect your professional image within the workplace

Just as feedback frankly I have no idea, but I dont care lol

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
9. does your commuting bag/pannier reflect your professional image within the workplace

Just as feedback frankly I have no idea, but I dont care lol

+1. I'm one of those lucky people with a job with no formal dress code so wear jeans and T-shirt in the office. I don't need a cycle bag that looks like a brief case because there is not anyone I would care to impress with such a thing.

diapason

When I worked in an office I used my Carradice Bike Bureau. The 'official' briefcases were awful plastic rubbish emblazoned with the Royal Arms and 'OHMS' (which was usually translated as Only Holds My Sandwiches) :becool:

4. What do you wear whilst commuting?
t.gif
What do you wear whilst commuting? work clothes
t.gif
casual/exercise clothes
I wear casual clothes to work normally..?

Attachments

• t.gif
    t.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 53

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Obviously aimed at managerial office type people. I get changed in a portacabin where my bike is stored at work then carry my stuff in an Aldis bag for life type bag. Probably does reflect my image in some way ...

If one of my panniers clipped off easilly I probably would use that but Its a bit of faff to do that with mine so they stay on.

rogermerriman

I don't have a dress code, I don't bother with lycra as it's only a few miles.

I use two laptop paniers, easy clip on/off so I can carry laptop/paperwork change of clothes most weeks I do "sleep overs" so need bits and bobs.

Fast_Mark

Done. For my lifestyle I didn't think it was a bad survey. As a professional office worker who commutes I think there's a gap in the market for a smart looking bag which is bike friendly, waterproof and big enough to hold my laptop, change of clothes and my lunch which wouldn't look out of place when meeting with the big wigs. I've got a lovely leather man bag which I used to use when I commuted in a tin. These days it's a sports soccer rucksack held together with staples which makes my back sweaty on my commute. Would love someone to design a big which fitted my criteria but didn't require a rack. I had thought whether it would be possible to design a briefcase type bag which attached to the top tube but ran into problems thinking about how such a product could be designed so as it was compatible with multiple frame designs.

Good luck.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
The survey doesn't mention tools, I carry my tools on my bike. What about us gentlemen of the trade, why are we not catered for in your survey, or by pannier bag manufacturers come to that? If you want to design a new product then design something for us to carry our tools specific to our trade. We can't all be office bods or the office bods would have nowhere to live.:smile:

Mad at urage

I'm a professional office worker, I've used briefcase-style panniers before now; but I've never had reason to use the panniers between meetings: Even a 'real' briefcase doesn't get carried around the office IME, it sits under the desk and only the laptop/notebook are taken along. I can't remember the last time I saw someone carrying a briefcase around an office TBH.

Top Bottom