Carrying stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I was told many a time to make sure my motorbike panniers weighed the same so they wouldn't unbalance the bike, i assumed an unbalanced load on a cycle would be even worse. I guess that I was wrong.
That's a good instinct, but I don't have much trouble with it until loads get to touring weight, then, I want balanced panniers. But for commuting and such, with what one carries on such shorter trips, one pannier will suffice, and not throw balance off too much.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I was looking at that topeak bag and rack as I wanted something that clips on and off the bike without having to mess around with straps etc. I was also looking at some panniers but I would probably only have enough stuff for one and one pannier seems like a bad idea.
Ortlieb panniers also use a simple click system, very easy to get on and off the bike. Ortliebs are completely waterproof too.
Once you start going to the shops on the bike more pannier space the better, you never know what you'll want to impulse buy!

T675Rich

Well it's probably better if carrying big loads but it's perfectly feasible without. Maybe having the trunk part helps, no idea. If concerned, just use both sides

This is the problem, I am torn between something like the trunk back and something like the Ortlieb panniers..

vickster

Legendary Member
This is the problem, I am torn between something like the trunk back and something like the Ortlieb panniers..
With the Topeak you get the trunk bag and panniers!
Remember to add the cost to your C2W voucher for any accessories or safety equipment which should be covered

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I probably will get the Topeak. I just wish that they were waterproof or at least that the waterproof cover wasn't an optional extra.
True but the cover doesn't cost much IIRC. Just get on C2W voucher. Or you could wrap all your stuff in plastic if heavy rain. They are water resistant in drizzle

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A pannier can be a black hole if you want to get stuff in and out.

Fine on tour, when you pack it in the morning and unpack it in the evening, or for a shopping trip.

Trunk bags are handier for your snacks, camera, small items of clothing, maps, and other bits and pieces you might want during a ride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom