Cars get owned in protected bus lane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:blush::wahhey:

jeltz

Veteran
Lol they can't beat the bollards.

Does anyone know if that bus lane allow motorbikes and bicycles? If you were following on behind a bus and got your front end on one it might be unpleasant and the bus would have obscured your view of them.

Easy enough to do if you don't know the area or when visibility isn't so good (rain etc) I would have thought.

StuartG

slower but further
I am saddened that creating a dangerous situation is regarded as funny. It is pretty evident that not only the occupants of the car were horrified at what might have happened to the baby in the rear. Don't just blame the driver, people who put these things in know what will happen as it is obvious it will encourage this behaviour time and time again and the innocent will suffer.

As for the example at RTTL the applause when it is obvious the dummy/driver would have been killed but the post still works is positively sickening!

Camera/PCN is surely a safer way to enforce car free zones?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
It is only dangerous if the fools fail to comply with the restriction. The motons in question are fully aware of the presence hence why they try and beat the system by tailgate the buses.

The one with the baby should have been prosecuted for endangering his child

adds21

Rider of bikes
StuartG said:
I am saddened that creating a dangerous situation is regarded as funny. It is pretty evident that not only the occupants of the car were horrified at what might have happened to the baby in the rear.

+1

4F said:
It is only dangerous if the fools fail to comply with the restriction. The motons in question are fully aware of the presence hence why they try and beat the system by tailgate the buses.

The one with the baby should have been prosected for endangering his child
+1

BenM

Veteran
It is pretty evident that not only the occupants of the car were horrified that the stupidity of the driver might have hurt the baby in the rear
Fixed.

The danger of the rising bollard is solely down to the road user not paying attention to more than adequate road signs.

Don't just blame the driver
Why on earth not? The driver is presumably in control of his vehicle.

the innocent will suffer
Because the driver of the vehicle is too lazy/inattentive/stupid to obey clear instructions. Perhaps we should ban pedestrian crossings because people who use them sometimes get run over by inattentive drivers?

the applause when it is obvious the dummy/driver would have been killed but the post still works is positively sickening!
Only if you believe that they are applauding the death of the dummy or the person who it was meant to represent. They are, IMHO, applauding a well designed product passing a destruction test.

Camera/PCN is surely a safer way to enforce car free zones?
Camera enforcement is a laugh - all that would happen is that you would get so many people ignoring the 'threat' that the road would be as congested as usual.

B.

redjedi

Über Member
4F said:

+2

adds21

Rider of bikes
4F said:

I agree fully. It's just that I don't find it funny when a child, the passenger, and yes, even the fool of a driver are potentially injured.

Top Bottom