Cars should be fitted with sound proofing relative to the power of their stereos.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
This isn't the study I was looking for but it will have to do
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2032-fast-music-linked-to-car-crashes.html

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
With the vibration from the speakers I'd not be surprised if the tyres aren't in constant contact with the ground it's amazing they don't slide off the road going round corners or waiting at traffic lights!
I'm surprised it doesn't vibrate their eyeballs in their sockets so they can only see a hazy blur. Or perhaps it does.
Old farts alert !

:tongue:
I have nothing against the young people playing their phonographs and wireless sets, I just wish that they would not inflict their awful hipperty hopperty wrapping music on everybody at such volume. It puts me right off my Werthers Originals.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Driving without due care and attention it should be classed as. Also the decibels must exceed the legal limit therefore they should be pulled over and charged on both accounts. As usual the police and authorities do very little about, forcing people who've had enough of this moronic crap noise to take the law into their own hands.

Some years ago I was asked if I would judge a "who has the loudest car music system" contest as I have the kit to measure exceedingly loud sounds. My reply was along the lines of"please arrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying - off feck." I think he is still struggling with the answer.

Gordon

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm surprised it doesn't vibrate their eyeballs in their sockets so they can only see a hazy blur. Or perhaps it does.

I have nothing against the young people playing their phonographs and wireless sets, I just wish that they would not inflict their awful hipperty hopperty wrapping music on everybody at such volume. It puts me right off my Werthers Originals.
You could always put your tartan travel rug over your ears.

Top Bottom