Cars with loud exhausts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

So you admit you have a tiny todger ....?
That's a brave thing to admit to.
Yes & I don't see it as brave as there's nothing I can do about it.
There is a law against it. The cops had me running up and down the street years back trying to prove I had an illegal bike, to no avail I may add.
Not 100% sure but there isn't a law against the amount of noise, what the coppers were after were bikes that were stamped 'not for road use' or 'race only use' although they can get you for disturbance of the peace.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Not 100% sure but there isn't a law against the amount of noise, what the coppers were after were bikes that were stamped 'not for road use' or 'race only use' although they can get you for disturbance of the peace.

Very brave. :okay:

Slick

Guru

Could have been, it was years ago. They had a meter and kept asking me to go faster and faster up the street but they still couldn't get the readings they required. Either way, even if it is disturbing the peace, there is a law at their disposal.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
It’s a problem here too though not as bad as the motorbikes. Been sat in our garden this pm in the sun and loud cars and motorbikes roaring through the village all day.

Plus all our retired neighbours busy mowing their lawns even tho they’ve had all farkin week to do it. Biggles and his chums buzzing overhead all day in those really loud light aircraft too. I can only conclude we are a bloody noisy species.

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Agreed, they're a PITA and plod don't have the resources to deal with them.

It's bad enough when the Herberts with 10 year old Golf's do it, but I was in the city centre a couple of weeks ago and a couple of young(ish) lads were driving round and round in an Aston Martin :rolleyes:, clearly holding it in first gear, on and off the throttle while frantically looking around to see what reaction they were getting...

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
There is one way of dealing with antisocial motorbikes, which is to issue a Section 59 warning for causing alarm, distress or annoyance. Once that's been issued the vehicle can be seized and crushed after a third strike. Our beat Bobby used it successfully a couple of years ago to deal with two nuisance scooters in the street.

vickster

Legendary Member
Agreed, they're a PITA and plod don't have the resources to deal with them.

It's bad enough when the Herberts with 10 year old Golf's do it, but I was in the city centre a couple of weeks ago and a couple of young(ish) lads were driving round and round in an Aston Martin :rolleyes:, clearly holding it in first gear, on and off the throttle while frantically looking around to see what reaction they were getting...
I hope you and everyone else around wiggled your little fingers at them ;)

View: https://youtu.be/c2nvAFOk7x0
:laugh:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I hope you and everyone else around wiggled your little fingers at them ;)

View: https://youtu.be/c2nvAFOk7x0
:laugh:

I have done in the past actually :laugh: Once to a guy who was aggressively tailgating me. I eventually let him past and he roared away, purple-faced and gesticulating. I caught up with him at traffic lights, by which time he'd calmed down a bit. As I drew alongside him, he saw me and I waggled the little finger, smiling. My goodness! Who knew someone could go purple so quickly? ^_^

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
On the otherhand, it is very decent of all these d!cks to advertise their stupidity so we are warned to be on the look-out for dangerous, selfish, reckless and unpredictable actions. It is kind of like them wearing a large cowbell around their neck so we can hear them coming. Imagine if they just drove anonymous cars and could drive amongst us without us being aware of the danger in our midst!

Levo-Lon

Guru
I feel sorry for any who lives next to a Harley Davidson. They don’t seem to have any restrictions either.
There is one down our road, the noise when the guy gets it out of the garage is crazy loud.

To be fair to Harley riders, noise is all they have :laugh: propper motorcycle rider joke.
Harleys are just noise generators...

Milzy

Guru
Loud exhausts which are aftermarket jobs are for the low life chav scum of this world. Millions a year are spent on such useless annoying things.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Some cars, apparently, have a switch, which opens the exhaust upstream of the rear silencer. So it would be difficult for a PC to measure the decibel level.

It's just part of the general breakdown of manners in society by people who think the rules don't apply to them.
As do bikes now. The Aprilia RSV4 being one of them. Valve opens above 5kRPM iirc

**My own motorcycle has an aftermarket exhaust system, fully road legal and retains baffle. Also declared on my insurance with all of the other mods.

I can think of many more dangerous or annoying things, like cars with cut or no springs, lowered so much speed bumps are avoided and remapped diesels that make pigeon noises and lots of thick black reek

Last edited:
Top Bottom