Cartoons we need em . post your favourites here .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
IMG_8779.jpeg

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
IMG_8782.jpeg

Slick

Guru
Coming back from Orkney I've seen road signs pointing to "Inverness and The South"
And on that journey Inverness psychologically at least feels like half way home and Glasgow feels like nearly home. I live in Bristol

In that case, Inverness is nowhere near home even from Orkney and really reinforces my assertion that anything south of dumfries is populated by softies. :whistle:

I'm driving to Stornoway in September for a wedding and I'm not particularly looking forward to it, but thinking of your haul from Bristol may provide me some comfort. :okay:

Gwylan

Veteran
Coming back from Orkney I've seen road signs pointing to "Inverness and The South"
And on that journey Inverness psychologically at least feels like half way home and Glasgow feels like nearly home. I live in Bristol

320mi Orkney to Glasgow v 370mi Glasgow to Bristol.
Basically means Glasgow is a half way point. Certainly time for a change of horses.

Slick

Guru
320mi Orkney to Glasgow v 370mi Glasgow to Bristol.
Basically means Glasgow is a half way point. Certainly time for a change of horses.

Depending on your chosen route you could still be on the boat for a couple of hours and all the faff that goes with it.

Its along old haul on some of those roads, so I suppose getting to Inverness and a dual carriageway mostly to Glasgow comes as a bit of a relief. Despite the average cameras. :eek:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Depending on your chosen route you could still be on the boat for a couple of hours and all the faff that goes with it.

Its along old haul on some of those roads, so I suppose getting to Inverness and a dual carriageway mostly to Glasgow comes as a bit of a relief. Despite the average cameras. :eek:

The "long" ferry is a lot more money, and you have to fill in a load of forms about your diving cylinders, which are OK on the open decked short crossing

Top Bottom