Castelli Sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Just bought a Castelli 2.0 Climbers Jersey in XXXL and when I tried it on it is well small. Do Castelli do any other jersey styles that are slightly more generous with their fit?

User269

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
all my castelli kit is 2xl and fits fine

46" Chest
38" waist

Last edited:
I'm fortunate enough to fit a Castelli size L body paint skin suit nicely. That's great news, because that seems to be the size that's easier to get hold of:okay: Castelli are renowned for being very 'italian' with their sizes. I've found a lot of DHB kit, is more generous, size wise. and Assos is quite 'normal' as well. Rapha is Castelli-esque, I.M.E.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm a similar size to you now, what jerseys do you have?
i have the gabba, aero 4.0

moo

Judging by your avatar I'd suggest you are simply too broad shouldered to fit into any Castelli jerseys. Even as a lightweight I have to be careful not to do an incredible hulk impression when putting mine on.

Many other brands to choose from. Wiggles DHB for example are nice and wide up top.

User269

being Italian the size referred to is willy size which for me means that all Castelli stuff is too small ^_^

This is it really. Certain brands, often Italian, come up a bit small, and anyone with a stocky, muscular, large chest, and broad shoulders will struggle to find a good fit. As @moo said, DHB might be a good option, but check whether you're ordering the right style; 'active' will have more room than their 'performance' version.

All this wouldn't be an issue if there was such a thing as a LBS that had a range of clothing in a variety of sizes and styles that we could actually try on. But................nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

vickster

Legendary Member
This is it really. Certain brands, often Italian, come up a bit small, and anyone with a stocky, muscular, large chest, and broad shoulders will struggle to find a good fit. As @moo said, DHB might be a good option, but check whether you're ordering the right style; 'active' will have more room than their 'performance' version.

All this wouldn't be an issue if there was such a thing as a LBS that had a range of clothing in a variety of sizes and styles that we could actually try on. But................nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Evans and cycle surgery usually have a decent range. Sigma in Kingston has loads of clothing but it's all high end, Rapha, Assos, Poc, also castelli.

Decathlon at the other end of the scale

I expect we are spoilt in London, especially SW London MAMIL land

That said none of the shops have much on the shop floor for we larger ladies. I just buy online from places with free delivery and returns, usually on clearance

My gripe is with wiggle, DHB ladies only goes up to an ungenerously cut 16

Top Bottom