Category F tractor driving test?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
thanks! knew about the hedge cutters, mowers, sprayers, trailers etc but wasn't sure on FEL. will make sure i don't turn up with one on then as one or two of the tractors i might use have got one on all the time but will have yank it off if i do use one of them :smile: :thumbsup:

nah , that's well too small!
dvla said must be a maximum of 2.45m wide :sad: party poopers!

can't get a car licence at 16 though!
Cheers Ed
Just over the limit then

Come on YE we want a picture of the tractor that you passed your test in.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
thanks! knew about the hedge cutters, mowers, sprayers, trailers etc but wasn't sure on FEL. will make sure i don't turn up with one on then as one or two of the tractors i might use have got one on all the time but will have yank it off if i do use one of them :smile: :thumbsup:

nah , that's well too small!
dvla said must be a maximum of 2.45m wide :sad: party poopers!

can't get a car licence at 16 though!
Cheers Ed
Can in Illinois. That's the usual age here. I don't think you need a license to drive a tractor. Only 14 states restrict youths driving tractors on the road.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My very first car, a Fiat Panda, was trashed by somebody of your age as they reversed with a huge trailer out of a field with absolutely no chance of a rear view. She was extremely apologetic, unlike Farmer Palmer who I met half an hour later who attempted to blame the accident on me. An absolute See You Next Tuesday.

Be careful when turning on hills. A friend was driving a combine and rolled it. The grain chute smashed his thigh as it tumbled on top of him. He said that he quite liked faking pain in the hospital to get a beautiful nurse to administer another dose of morphine. He's now a pillar of the community.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZIymlzqMuAhQWFPYMoIJo1wzDmiCiaZXvQ1JDzMI_vDlSqL2F.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg-skhpfiHOBm1YQtL_xX_oLDnuFWjbRLXgMe7WP7BpYc2CtSy.jpg

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I think a Fiat Panda sounds like a good starting point. Or a Yugo, if that isn't already a tractor.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think a Fiat Panda sounds like a good starting point.
It was actually. We drove away from our wedding in it. Not a Yellow Rolls-Royce or a coach and horses, just a piece of rusting dodgy Italian crap engineering that got us to Gatwick for Corsica and soldiered on for longer than most people would have thought decent given its horrible rusty appearance. A silly happy little stupid car.....and a lot of fun. It was the last time that I liked driving.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Come on YE we want a picture of the tractor that you passed your test in.
not passed yet, still need to ask lacal farmer if i can borrow his
My very first car, a Fiat Panda, was trashed by somebody of your age as they reversed with a huge trailer out of a field with absolutely no chance of a rear view. She was extremely apologetic, unlike Farmer Palmer who I met half an hour later who attempted to blame the accident on me. An absolute See You Next Tuesday.
where abouts was this? just we used to borrow a trailer off a farmer called palmer and i work for another farmer called palmer! (totally unrelated) should have turned around in field and driven out forwards if possible

Be careful when turning on hills. A friend was driving a combine and rolled it. The grain chute smashed his thigh as it tumbled on top of him. nasty! must have been an old style combine with out an enclosed cab?

It was actually. We drove away from our wedding in it. Not a Yellow Rolls-Royce or a coach and horses, just a piece of rusting dodgy Italian crap engineering that got us to Gatwick for Corsica and soldiered on for longer than most people would have thought decent given its horrible rusty appearance. A silly happy little stupid car.....and a lot of fun. It was the last time that I liked driving.
if you want reliability you want a ford mondeo, our last one went to the scrap with over 210,000 miles on the block and only because the rear suspension was going as we always had it loaded up heavy at the rear and it used to tow a caravan weighing more than a ton up and down welsh mountains :smile: never had anything go wrong with it during it's 12 or so years!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
If you don't have a tractor, do you need a licence?

Or are you thinking of becoming a tractor contractor?
we have a tractor but just not road legal and it's not worth getting it road legal for this one use. but my tractor licence will be for driving local farmers that i work for so i can drive their tractors about and do more of the tractor driving during hay season and for when i start my apprenticeship in september on a local dairy farm.

I test drove a new-ish one with Mrs McG last year, the wing mirror fell off while we were driving it. We didn't buy one.
Fix It Again Tomorrow-FIAT
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom