Cateye bracket mount knackered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funtboy

After 2 days of ownership, I buggered the backet thingy on my brand new Cateye Strada computer (don't ask - my fault) and need a new one. I had a quick look online and it seems I going to have to pay about a fiver to replace it.

At the risk of sound like a tight-arse, can anyone point me in the direction of a better deal? Do normal shops have this sort of thing or will I only be able to get them online.

Cheers all...

jay clock

Massive member
Shops have them - poss, with higher prices than online but with postage. Bite the bullet

OP
OP
Funtboy

Funtboy

Fair dos. I'm quibbling over peanuts really. I'm just really furious with Cateye for not factoring my personal cack-handedness and stupidity. Bastards!

OP
OP
Funtboy

Funtboy

roadiewill said:
how did you manage to screw it up?

It's an odd one. I had to pull up sharp for an ambulance. As I pulled off afterwards I was leaning well forward (for no real reason) and I somehow clipped the computer with my belly and yanked it out of the bracket. One of the grippy bits at the side just snapped off with it. The computer won't stay in place now. I chucked it in my pocket and still recorded the my trip (which is cool).

I wouldn't advise getting this computer for mountain bikers I must say. Other than that, it is great!

Top Bottom