Cats mess

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gottogetfit

I am about to go in the garden to have a clear up before the rain comes but I know it will be full again of mess from the 3 local cats. It makes me really angry. I know it's not the cats fault. It's the person who buys a cat without asking me if it's ok for it to mess in my garden and if I mind having to clean it up. I would like to be able to post it back through their letterbox so they don't mislay it in future.

Mrs M

Guru
Cat watch cat deterrent, available from RSPB might be worth a look, bit expensive though.
Maybe better than a war with the neighbours :sad:.

Reactions: GM
U

User482

Sure it's not a fox? Cats will normally bury their waste, never worked out why. Out two tend to go in our garden (seen them do it) but there's never any evidence left.

Cat owners always say that. In our neighbourhood, they seem to prefer the middle of my front lawn.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It can also be that offending cats grew up without their mother or in a setting without places to bury it.

Pepper granules, cat watch, that anti cat shrub can all work sometimes. Jeyes fluid usually works but is indiscriminate and can kill other things too.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Mrs M has it right. The RSPB one is the best, batteries last longer.
Didn't work for me :sad: They do work in some gardens and for some cats.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My understanding is that it is a status thing. While most cats bury it, dominant cats leave theirs on display.

Agreed. It is a territorial thing, much like cats spraying up bushes or trees. Much like the big cats do in Africa and Asia. It is very hard to stop as your garden is in their territory.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Our cat doesn't bury his waste but also tends to go on other people's lawns :blush:. I've heard that if you leave a toy snake in the garden it deters them. I tried sprinkling curry powder in the gaps where neighbours' cats were getting in, but it didn't work. I've also read mixed reviews about the high pitched sound-emitting boxes (it seems that some don't work at all, and some only work on a low percentage of cats).

It is slightly easier if you don't have a cat yourself though - you can pretty much try everything without fear of upsetting your own animal.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Our cat craps in our garden, and everyone else's cat craps in our garden too.
Was definitely some fox crap aswell last week, just to mix things up a little.

U

User32269

Despite years of nappy changing, I still wanna hurl every time I clean out the "hedgehog house" in our garden. Leave them mealworms to eat, but think they get a vindaloo in late at night. xx(

We have 3 cats (none of the ours) who have fell in love with our garden, don't mind putting up with a few George the thirds as we never get bothered by rats.

Mrs M

Guru
Have seen our boy making a "deposit" on my neighbours front lawn, I went over and cleaned it up though :blush:.
Next door neighbour put a fake cat with scary eyes in their flower bed but he just peed on that.
He peed up me once but hasn't done it again, (frogmarched to the front door and ejected into the rain). :angry: :rain:
He is quite territorial.

Top Bottom