Cats mess

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Our 3 use the in-porch litter tray, I am sure that when "caught short" they must poo outside but I have no idea where. There are at least 8 pet cats in the immediate vicinity and yet I've never seen any cat poo, ever.

U

User32269

Have seen our boy making a "deposit" on my neighbours front lawn, I went over and cleaned it up though :blush:.
Next door neighbour put a fake cat with scary eyes in their flower bed but he just peed on that.
He peed up me once but hasn't done it again, (frogmarched to the front door and ejected into the rain). :angry: :rain:
He is quite territorial.
"Our Boy" ... hope so much your talking about your cat here?! :eek:

I've heard that if you leave a toy snake in the garden it deters them.
That is not going to work

P9200020.JPG

We put a sign up saying "No Cats" well my thinking behind this is, cats are clever enough to get total control over their servants (owners) so they must be clever enough to read.

Christopher Hitchens:
“Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.”

One of my two likes to incorporate a level of DIY. He brings home a live mouse at around 3am and sits in the hallway growling until I get up to see what's wrong with him. Once I get to the bottom of the stairs, he drops live mouse onto floor and gives me a look of "Well I've done my bit, what you do with it now is up to you." Then he'll sit and watch as I try to catch said mouse. I am getting quite accomplished at it now.

He's training you to hunt. I've seen a cat do this for her kittens with a poor froggy. Seems like you are getting close to being able to feed yourself!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I am about to go in the garden to have a clear up before the rain comes but I know it will be full again of mess from the 3 local cats. It makes me really angry. I know it's not the cats fault. It's the person who buys a cat without asking me if it's ok for it to mess in my garden and if I mind having to clean it up. I would like to be able to post it back through their letterbox so they don't mislay it in future.
Shoot first and ask questions later ....

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Jimmy from 2 doors up likes our garden, and particularly the nice dry soil in the green house!! I wish I could deter him from our garden!

The best deterrent we've found is having a cat, well our cat anyway. The thing is mostly useless as a cat - incapable of getting out of the garden over the 6' fence and seemingly scared of any height above dinning table height (and it needs to use a chair to get up as high as that). Never caught any birds/rodents either.
BUT it does not use the garden as a toilet, not even for marking that I've noticed, it will come in when it's outside to use the litter tray. It also will not tolerate other cats on its territory, they will be chased off. Quite possibly stalked first, it has some favourite bushes to hide in whilst the intruder gets a bit closer.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I am at war with a cat in my neighbourhood. I came back one day to catch it 'getting comfy' in my flower bed, so did my best impression of the T-Rex from Jurassic Park to frighten it. It did that odd cat thing of jumping up, spinning over and landing back on it's feet before shooting off through the connecting tunnel (I live in a terrace house). I laughed, while it looked at me from the street as if to say 'You Ba****d'.

Next day I went to the shed, based on decking, to fetch my trusty steed, only to find a large cowpat-sized dollop of cat poo sitting on the decking about 2ft from the door. No way I can open the door to get bike out, so there I am 8am in the morning hosing cat crap off my decking:angry:. Said moggy sat out on car roof opposite looking very smug with itself.

ffcheadphones.jpg

DRM

Guru
Aren't the WWF offering snow leopards to adopt? This could be a winner as it will go out and terrify all it's domestic cousins in the locality, so they will be too scared to go out and will do their business inside their owners house, and then the snow leopard will also leave some huge deposits on the neighbours lawns, so they know what you've had to put up with, a real double whammy. :okay:

U

User32269

Aren't the WWF offering snow leopards to adopt? This could be a winner as it will go out and terrify all it's domestic cousins in the locality, so they will be too scared to go out and will do their business inside their owners house, and then the snow leopard will also leave some huge deposits on the neighbours lawns, so they know what you've had to put up with, a real double whammy. :okay:
I'm not a gambling man...but think it would be odds-on that anything, myself included, would crap on the spot bumping into a snow leopard!

Top Bottom