Cats..what to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Buy a bigger cat, one thats really vicous.

slather veet on it head to paw to get rid of its fur (except a bit on its head like Mr T)

Let it roam about your garden.

Job done.

green1

Über Member
Plant some lavender in the flower bed, cats hate the stuff.

So long as you have a tall fence I can hire you a greyhound or two on a daily basis relatively cheap. Will kill or cure your cat problem depending on the fitness of the cats in question. Having said that the hounds are prolific shitters as well :laugh:

edindave

Über Member
Lion poo. You can buy it on the net. Meant to scare them off as 'there's a bigger cat about'. Didn't work for our next door neighbour unfortunately, our cats still insisted on crapping in their garden. Probably cos there aren't any lions around here and they haven't met one!

Despite us providing a litter tray - they prefered fresh soil. After a year or so -it was a new build - the garden has been well planted and the cat goes elsewhere. (Only one cat now).

You'll solve the problem eventually but it may come down to engineering it so that there is no easy access to soil for them to dig in.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I was going to suggest a water gun but I see others have got there before me. I'd heard of the lion poo thing too but didn't know you could buy it online and had always wondered how one would go about obtaining lion jobbies in deepest south London :tongue:

Night Train

Maker of Things
You could start by slinging the poo back over the fence. The cats will smell it there and crap that side as well.

I would go with the sprinkler, on a controller, linked to an IR detector to give a 1 second burst. The big water pistol works too but you need to be there to catch them.

Citrus peel supposedly works but my own cats learnt to just flick it away at paw's length while holding their noses.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
+1 Water pistol, orange or lemon peel, but we found a hyperactive Staffy cross puppy was the best solution. Are the cats coming in over the fence, if so, flimsy plastic fencing tacked to the top of your fence will stop them climbing over it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You can buy ultrasonic cat scarers that are easier to throw than slabs. Colleagues report that they are very effective.
Depends on the age of the cat I think - next doors cat was very old and deaf ... and didn't seem bothered by them, though I do think it did stop some of the others.

Also our children used to complain about the noise it made!

MrB1obby

Make a recording of a big dog barking viscously on a remote, or the sprinkler system. Or just get a Gorilla

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I've heard that it helps to put a little washing up liquid in the water you squirt at them - they hate the taste when they try to lick themselves afterwards.

I bought an ultrasound thingy from the RSPB - didn't seem to work (not the same brand as the one Baggy linked to though).

Top Bottom