Caught on Camera (Well Not Yet)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Hello.

I have been using the same stretch of road at the same time each day for a few weeks on my commute home and without fail, each day, a car passes on the opposite side of the road and screams agreessively at me. The same car, the same driver.

The road has very light use and is dark (tree lined), hilly and a 40 zone.

The driver is not swearing, nor moving the car towards me but it is intimidating, aggressive and off-putting.

Today I've installed the GoPro and I intend to record the event and post it here and on YouTube this evening.

I'll do the same each day this week and I will not react as the car passes in any way (I have wanted to chase the car down and ask what the issue is but I have thought against this)

Once I have sufficient repeat footage I will report it to the police, say three occurances - but I am not convinced they will have grounds to do anything?

Thanks

classic33

Leg End Member
May be they'll not appear today, now you've fitted the camera.

Brandane

Legendary Member
but I am not convinced they will have grounds to do anything?
I'm not sure how English Police forces work, or indeed the law, but having served 19 years in Strathclyde Police I can assure you that your word plus the corroboration of the camera evidence would be sufficient to have the driver charged with a breach of the peace (English equivalent would be some sort of public order offence), and it would then be up to the Procurator Fiscal (CPS in England) on whether to proceed with the matter, i.e. take it to court. I'm not sure about the problem mentioned regarding publishing the footage on social media - that sort of nonsense pre-dates my experience! Over to our legal expert @Drago :okay:. Good luck; it sounds very much like this driver is needing to "get the message" loud and clear.

Drago

Legendary Member
Brandane is pretty much bang on. You only need one occurrence - if it's making you feel threatened there's a S.4 public order offence. 2 or more incidents there's harassment without violence. If you've got it on video, then with your statement there's ample evidence to go be putting handcuffs on the eejut.

hopefully you get some good footage and finger them.

I wouldn't put anything on social media that you're intending to send to the dibble.

May be they'll not appear today, now you've fitted the camera.

It is my understanding, having read the threads on these hallowed pages, that this is exactly how the cameras work.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Hello.

I have been using the same stretch of road at the same time each day for a few weeks on my commute home and without fail, each day, a car passes on the opposite side of the road and screams agreessively at me. The same car, the same driver.

The road has very light use and is dark (tree lined), hilly and a 40 zone.

The driver is not swearing, nor moving the car towards me but it is intimidating, aggressive and off-putting.

Today I've installed the GoPro and I intend to record the event and post it here and on YouTube this evening.

I'll do the same each day this week and I will not react as the car passes in any way (I have wanted to chase the car down and ask what the issue is but I have thought against this)

Once I have sufficient repeat footage I will report it to the police, say three occurances - but I am not convinced they will have grounds to do anything?

Thanks

This appears to be a course of conduct amounting to Harassment,

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/l...iscrimination/taking-action-about-harassment/

Also sounds like anti-social use of a car as well subject to s59 of the Police Reform Act 2002..

Good luck getting the registration, I hope the sound quality is good on your camera. Mine is best on the helmet, too much road vibration noise when it is on the bars.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
***FAIL***

The stars were not aligned for my snare.

I was in the right place at the right time and I did see him coming, bang on schedule.

X. Unfortunately the drivers car had traffic in front and behind and he was going slow, so he didn't "bark" out loud today :sad:
X. My Go Pro was fitted to the handlebars and I did not get the numberplate.
X. He seemed to take a very long look at my setup, or me and could have seen the camera!
:smile: I got to see his face so I know a little more about the driver

I'm going to take my chances and mount the camera on my helmet today as per the suggestion and we will see.

It's my daily commute home so it is no effort.

D

Deleted member 26715

Are you sure he's not just saying Good Morning to you & wishing he was on his bike rather than in his cage?

Top Bottom