Caught on Camera (Well Not Yet)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Are you sure he is not an acquaintance of yours saying hello? I once caught up with a driver at some lights who had beeped at me and shouted something inaudible. I was just about to launch into a tirade at him when he said, 'hello Milkfloat, how are you, not seen you in years'.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Indeed, it could be him saying that, yet he suffers a terrible speech impediment, and a nervous twitch that makes him wave his fist uncontrollably.
Ah, the old Tourette's defence! :okay:

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
*** Update***
I cycled home the usual way and there he was again. As I passed he made some noise but really nothing extreme, but my temper got the better of me and I turned around, caught up with him in traffic and asked him why he keeps making loud noises at me each day. His response was to "pedal on mate, pedal on". He then told me I was in the middle of the road - which I was but not over the white line. He didn't have much else to say. He didn't answer my question, he didn't question what I was saying. He had no-where to go and I had put him on the spot. It is all on camera. I don't swear at him, i'm not aggressive.

Until next time.

Morning,

You might want to consider what you are doing, especially what you are posting, as outsiders including the police won't necessarily see things the same way that you do.

You have said that you are intentionally recording him to catch him being offensive to you, this starts to become problematic especially as you now have two videos of him not doing much.

Imagine going to the police station and reporting this,

The officer says can I see the videos, you produce three that show issues.

The officer then asks why you have three.

You say that you have been recording this driver every day.

The officer then asks so it doesn't happen everyday and you say no.

The officer then asks if have you spoken to the driver and you repeat what you have said above. So you have had contact with the driver who appeared from your account to act quite reasonably. If this exchange is recorded then it tends to suggest that you are at least part of the problem, if this exchange is not recorded then the question of why not would likely be asked.

You've get the reg number, you have spoken to the driver, so maybe it is time to either let it go or report it.

To me it is starting to look like an argument could be made that you are harassing him. :-)

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Morning,

You might want to consider what you are doing, especially what you are posting, as outsiders including the police won't necessarily see things the same way that you do.

You have said that you are intentionally recording him to catch him being offensive to you, this starts to become problematic especially as you now have two videos of him not doing much.

The officer then asks if have you spoken to the driver and you repeat what you have said above. So you have had contact with the driver who appeared from your account to act quite reasonably. If this exchange is recorded then it tends to suggest that you are at least part of the problem, if this exchange is not recorded then the question of why not would likely be asked.

You've get the reg number, you have spoken to the driver, so maybe it is time to either let it go or report it.

To me it is starting to look like an argument could be made that you are harassing him. :-)

I'll draw a line under it. If the guy wants to shout at me every day then he can carry on.

Slick

Guru
*** Update***
I cycled home the usual way and there he was again. As I passed he made some noise but really nothing extreme, but my temper got the better of me and I turned around, caught up with him in traffic and asked him why he keeps making loud noises at me each day. His response was to "pedal on mate, pedal on". He then told me I was in the middle of the road - which I was but not over the white line. He didn't have much else to say. He didn't answer my question, he didn't question what I was saying. He had no-where to go and I had put him on the spot. It is all on camera. I don't swear at him, i'm not aggressive.

Until next time.
I'd be reasonably confident, given the way you have described it that you won't hear from him again anyway.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning,

Two people travelling on the same road(opposite directions), with one making gestures towards the other. These gestures have made the other resort to trying to get evidence of this happening, before he'd be able to report it. And you say it may be harrasment of the driver by the cyclist.

I've done similar myself, when I've been using the same road to & from work. Changing the route taken, as advised, wasn't possible without doubling the distance. But why should I as the person on the receiving end be the one that has to change what I'm doing?

Top Bottom