Cav on Twitter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aberal

Guru
Does anyone else follow Cavendish on Twitter? I do - and he is surprisingly funny at times, a tad silly occasionally, but usually interesting enough and he does Tweet regularly on a daily basis. Except today. When there is an ominous silence. Not a single twitting tweet. I'm thinking he is worried about tomorrow and whether he will be wearing green on the last day. Should he be worried?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Does anyone else follow Cavendish on Twitter? I do - and he is surprisingly funny at times, a tad silly occasionally, but usually interesting enough and he does Tweet regularly on a daily basis. Except today. When there is an ominous silence. Not a single twitting tweet. I'm thinking he is worried about tomorrow and whether he will be wearing green on the last day. Should he be worried?

Theres a climb and then a sprint section he has to do. If Girlbear or Rockarse gets over on him it makes his points problematic.

Does Cav have to TT on Saturday? Does that add to the points or does he get to rest..? If the points are over 50 a gap between him and the next dude he'll be fine in Paris and will win the stage there imo.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Theres a climb and then a sprint section he has to do. If Girlbear or Rockarse gets over on him it makes his points problematic.

Does Cav have to TT on Saturday? Does that add to the points or does he get to rest..? If the points are over 50 a gap between him and the next dude he'll be fine in Paris and will win the stage there imo.
Er, everyone has to TT on Saturday! There are no points for anything in TTs.

If he's out of time tomorrow and is penalised 20 points again...he could be in trouble, but as it's a shorter stage he should hopefully be ok.

lukesdad

Not so sure about that. Shorter stage Quicker winners time smaller time gap. If they go for it on the Galibier hell be outside time limit again. It ll be tighter than today IMO.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Er, everyone has to TT on Saturday! There are no points for anything in TTs.

If he's out of time tomorrow and is penalised 20 points again...he could be in trouble, but as it's a shorter stage he should hopefully be ok.

So used to watching the highlights that I genuinely didnt know.

OP
OP
aberal

aberal

Guru
Well, to answer my own question...I think he is worried. Very worried. Tomorrow is going to be interesting on several levels I reckon.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
1473506 said:
He can't get a note from his mum?
:biggrin: reckon Andy Shleck would, if he could!

Not so sure about that. Shorter stage Quicker winners time smaller time gap. If they go for it on the Galibier hell be outside time limit again. It ll be tighter than today IMO.
True...

So used to watching the highlights that I genuinely didnt know.
Hell, it took me a while to figure out how you could win the whole thing without winning a single stage..!

Even though Cav has to TT he's probably not going to be that bothered about his time, so he can still take it fairly easy.

I've followed him since he joined, it's cracking, half the HTC team are on there. Goss and Renshaw are two others that are cracking to follow.

oldroadman

Veteran
:biggrin: reckon Andy Shleck would, if he could!

True...

Hell, it took me a while to figure out how you could win the whole thing without winning a single stage..!

Even though Cav has to TT he's probably not going to be that bothered about his time, so he can still take it fairly easy.

Well, first there is the time limit for tomorrow - if it all starts on the Galibier, there could be a problem as it's only a 109km stage - very short - and today's limit was 9%, or just over 33 minutes in a six hour stage. Tomorrow it's likely to be half that, and 15 minutes is easily lost. If there is a big grupetto (more than 20% of all starters) then they will not be eliminated, and all lose 20 points - provided Rojas is in the group, not a problem, but he was inside the limit today, and a repeat would put him at least 5 points ahead. problem.

Everyone rides the TT, and guess what? No taking it easy, there is a time limit, somewhere between 5% and 7% of the winning time, to stop people just cruising. It's race all the way or leave!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
can came in in a large group that included rojas, gilbert and hushovd that was 27s out of time. they are in, but all docked 20 points, so can is in green by 15 points with a maximum of 65 available in the final day…

assuming the break take away the intermediate points, rojas can win the stage and the jersey's cav's as long as he finished no lower than 5th.

if cav wins the intermediate sprint and rojas fails to score (highly unlikely), cav will win green as long as he makes the final 3km without crashing out…

Judderz

Whats his twitter name?

Top Bottom