Cavendish: "I know I'm an peanut"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

looks like another bimbo like that Jordan ..over painted, mouthy, inyaface bimbo.;) why do women shave their eyebrows and then paint some weird ones on with a pen ? looks completely ridiculous imo

Chuffy

Veteran
Bigtwin said:
I don't think anyone's ever accused Cav of being the greatest brain in cycling ever. I think there's something of the Beckham about him in the way he interviews. Sooner or later someone will spark and get some "image coaching" delivered no doubt.
More Rooney than Beckham.

OP
OP
Y

yello

bonj said:
They don't seem to have said what he's actually alleged to have SAID that's racist.

The unknown comment was apparently made to, or heard by, an unnamed rider and reported anonymously.... so an all-in-all creditable story! I have no doubt there is some substance to the story. After all, we've all made remarks we would admit to being unwise.

Manola! Blimey, Laura wasn't even close! Perhaps I was subconsciously thinking Croft... for some unknown reason ;) That's not a very flattering picture of her to be fair. She does look made up and gobby in that one. But she and Rinaldo are kind of sweet together. I suspect him being so affable, speaking French and being generally humble makes them a camera loving couple.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
yello said:
The unknown comment was apparently made to, or heard by, an unnamed rider and reported anonymously.... so an all-in-all creditable story! I have no doubt there is some substance to the story. After all, we've all made remarks we would admit to being unwise.

Manola! Blimey, Laura wasn't even close! Perhaps I was subconsciously thinking Croft... for some unknown reason :biggrin: That's not a very flattering picture of her to be fair. She does look made up and gobby in that one. But she and Rinaldo are kind of sweet together. I suspect him being so affable, speaking French and being generally humble makes them a camera loving couple.

Lara Croft not Laura, Yello!

We had a Mexican woman staying with us last year and she had had a her eyebrows removed and false ones tattoed onxx(

On the Eurosport interview immediately after the race last night when he was told that a lot of people thought the uphill finish wouldn't suit him, he replied," Who said that, foreign people?"
Strange answer.

PpPete

Legendary Member
yello said:

French Eurosport say it's Roman Feillu here

OP
OP
Y

yello

Tell Laura/Lara I love her!

Thanks for the link porkypete. It refers to the 'f*cking French' incident that Alan H mentioned too. I think there's a little bit of lost in translation about the remark though; they've translated it to "Putains de Français" which is, imo, undoubtedly an insult... Cavendish's remark sounds like one of frustration rather than primarily intended to insult.

wafflycat

So he's upset the French.. don't be overly surprised if adverse 'results' start coming out in the future then.

mad al

RabbitFood said:
or is it all jealousy???

Got it in one I'd say;)

OP
OP
Y

yello

wafflycat said:
So he's upset the French.. don't be overly surprised if adverse 'results' start coming out in the future then.

Oh come on! Let's have none of that nonsense! He's maybe pissed off a few French people (he has a few Brits I hasten to add) but I don't quite see Sarkozy drafting new legislation over it!

It's newspaper tittle tattle. That's all. Don't go making something out of nothing.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Can someone translate the nuance in this bit please

Mais il en faudrait plus pour faire perdre son sourire au Britannique

Is it, "It'll take more than that to wipe the smile off the Brit's face"?

OP
OP
Y

yello

rich p said:
Can someone translate the nuance in this bit please

Mais il en faudrait plus pour faire perdre son sourire au Britannique

Is it, "It'll take more than that to wipe the smile off the Brit's face"?

The short answer is no, I can't! It'd help to see it in context but I do think you've added a bit in your translation; 'wipe the smile of his face' carries a threat or anger that I don't really see. I read something like...

'we need to do more to stop the smiles...'

...'la Britannique' could be Cavendish or just 'the British' generally, dunno. Probably the former. As I say, context.

It could just be the equivalent of saying something like 'he is too good for us, we need to do more'!

dmoan

Guru
rich p said:
On the Eurosport interview immediately after the race last night when he was told that a lot of people thought the uphill finish wouldn't suit him, he replied," Who said that, foreign people?"
Strange answer.

I thought he said 'Internet Forum people', not 'foreign people' ...

Top Bottom