Cavendish to Quick Step?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
what do you mean? Cav leaving T-Sky? Were you on stike against the newspapers or something? :blink:
I think he was being sarcastic ;-)
One of cycling's worst kept secrets. I wonder whether Leipheimer's departure freed up cash for the transfer. I just hope nothing more dodgy is revealed for OPQS, in particular with regards to the Ferrari investigation.

I think he was being sarcastic ;-)
One of cycling's worst kept secrets. I wonder whether Leipheimer's departure freed up cash for the transfer. I just hope nothing more dodgy is revealed for OPQS, in particular with regards to the Ferrari investigation.

I don't think it was ever meant to be a secret. I believe the "leak" was intentional and worked massively to support Cav's case!
As for OPQS.. I didn't know they were short on money? Were they?
And, yes, regarding the Ferrari investigation I hope so as well. I can't bear any more drama and honestly I don't think Pro-Cycling can affort it either! Enough damage is done already..

(needless to say I'm over the moon for having both of my fav boys in the same team! :bravo:)

thom

____
I don't think it was ever meant to be a secret. I believe the "leak" was intentional and worked massively to support Cav's case!
As for OPQS.. I didn't know they were short on money? Were they?
And, yes, regarding the Ferrari investigation I hope so as well. I can't bear any more drama and honestly I don't think Pro-Cycling can affort it either! Enough damage is done already..

(needless to say I'm over the moon for having both of my fav boys in the same team! :bravo:)

Who's your other favourite ? Boonen, Chavenel ?

The financial thing was just that as their GT rider, I'm sure LL had a decent salary and not having to pay that may just have helped as regards any fees that were needed to break Cav's SKY contract. Pure speculation but in general pro teams don't have bucket loads of cash at the moment.

Who's your other favourite ? Boonen, Chavenel ?

The financial thing was just that as their GT rider, I'm sure LL had a decent salary and not having to pay that may just have helped as regards any fees that were needed to break Cav's SKY contract. Pure speculation but in general pro teams don't have bucket loads of cash at the moment.

Chavanel! :wub: (although it's not a secret I'm a big Boonen fan.. or was.. no, still am!)

I guess your speculation is correct. Either way I think they had to search deep into their pockets in order to get Cav.. For some reason I can't see Sky having a charitable or altruistic moment! Maybe I'm just being mean..

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was given the real reason for cavs move this morning by a non cycling co -worker who apparantly knows every about everything ( yea you know the type )
"Cav`s left sky beacuse he does not want to sign the anti doping policy"
:banghead:

This is the same guy who trys to tell me how to raise my kids when he gave his up at birth because he did not want the responsibility and that wiggo must be on drugs because pharmstrong did so therefore all cyclelists must need them as well as road tax, etc etc

As we used to say offshore..."throw a six and catch up"
Definitely smacks of folk just paying attention to the headline stories on mainstream media, best ignored.
This last week my facebook news feed has been rife with people shocked about the Lance Armstrong affair!! People tend to read news papers and like good little sponges they soak it all up. :reading:

thom

____
I was given the real reason for cavs move this morning by a non cycling co -worker who apparantly knows every about everything ( yea you know the type )

This is the same guy who trys to tell me how to raise my kids when he gave his up at birth because he did not want the responsibility and that wiggo must be on drugs because pharmstrong did so therefore all cyclelists must need them as well as road tax, etc etc
Point him to the LA thread, sounds like he'd make it more of a balanced debate.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot

I hope you regularly refer to him as a cockwomble!!

Top Bottom