Cav's Sky top with World bands?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grizzly

I was walking through Glasgow city centre the other day when I saw a couple pushing a buggy. I glanced at the wee boy inside who sitting there with a big simile on his face, he looked to be about 18 months and as everybody passed him he gave a big grin. It was then I noticed something, he had a pierced ear, and as my gaze was drawn away from his face it hit me like a hammer. HE was WEARING a replica Celtic top AND it had the name "Larsson" written on it. I couldn't contain myself, I walked straight over to him and asked him if he had "EARNED" that top? Had HE won a league title? Had he played in a European final? Before he could come out with some sort of smart Aleck answer (I could see that he was about to as his bottom lip was trembling) I sternly told him that he was disrespecting the name of the club and player. You would have thought that would have been the end of the matter, but no. At this point the young lads parents interjected, they prattled on about how the money they spent on the shirt does many things. The went on about direct benefits to the clubs finances due to the fact the shirt is a licensed product, they also went on about how in these times of fiscal difficulties the purchasing of a shirt supports many workers who are on minimum wage. The idiots would not shut up, they then started to go on about indirect benefits of advertising their club and the player and how it shows respect for all their achievements, AND, how in a divided city it helped bring people together as they were often approached by strangers and told how cute the wee fella looked. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I walked off without saying another word as it was obvious these people were just too stupid to understand the concept of respect.

Jezston

Über Member
Mind = blown.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I was walking through Glasgow city centre the other day when I saw a couple pushing a buggy. I glanced at the wee boy inside who sitting there with a big simile on his face, he looked to be about 18 months and as everybody passed him he gave a big grin. It was then I noticed something, he had a pierced ear, and as my gaze was drawn away from his face it hit me like a hammer. HE was WEARING a replica Celtic top AND it had the name "Larsson" written on it. I couldn't contain myself, I walked straight over to him and asked him if he had "EARNED" that top? Had HE won a league title? Had he played in a European final? Before he could come out with some sort of smart Aleck answer (I could see that he was about to as his bottom lip was trembling) I sternly told him that he was disrespecting the name of the club and player. You would have thought that would have been the end of the matter, but no. At this point the young lads parents interjected, they prattled on about how the money they spent on the shirt does many things. The went on about direct benefits to the clubs finances due to the fact the shirt is a licensed product, they also went on about how in these times of fiscal difficulties the purchasing of a shirt supports many workers who are on minimum wage. The idiots would not shut up, they then started to go on about indirect benefits of advertising their club and the player and how it shows respect for all their achievements, AND, how in a divided city it helped bring people together as they were often approached by strangers and told how cute the wee fella looked. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I walked off without saying another word as it was obvious these people were just too stupid to understand the concept of respect.

Replica sports kit is like computer gaming ie. It's alright for kids to do it, but anyone over 18 really should grow up.

Jezston

Über Member
Replica sports kit is like computer gaming ie. It's alright for kids to do it, but anyone over 18 really should grow up.

Congratulations! You made yourself sound like an appalling snob on TWO levels.

Right, I'm back off to carry on playing Dark Souls on my PS3. Think I'll wear my WC Jersey while I do it!

OP
OP
bennydorano

bennydorano

Veteran
That's nothing, I used to work with a fella who took 2 weeks off every year to watch the World Snooker:wacko:

mattsccm

How does wearing team kit suport them?
Also the idea that because thousands of footy supporters wear team kit it must be ok mfor cyclists as well holds no water. Its wrog for the footy types as well.
I'll compromise on kit that goes with the bike etc but wearing olympic stripes etc is like wearing your grandads VC.

subaqua

What’s the point
Also the idea that because thousands of footy supporters wear team kit it must be ok mfor cyclists as well holds no water. Its wrog for the footy types as well.
I'll compromise on kit that goes with the bike etc but wearing olympic stripes etc is like wearing your grandads VC.
family members medals worn on the right is OK. and comparing a bloody cycling top to a VC is an analogy too far

Jezston

Über Member

What are your thoughts on my earlier post?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Are you familiar with the term licensing?

Grizzly

Wearing team kit is OK if it goes with your bike???? WTF???? That's the last reason to wear it. Its like an episode of Trinny and Susannah on here, you should wear gear because its comfy, you like it, you want to support a rider or a team or all of these reasons, not because some twit thinks it goes with your bike. This is the only sport that I know of were enthusiasts are criticised by other enthusiasts for supporting a professional rider or team.

Top Bottom