Cav's Sky top with World bands?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnny mcgurk

I wear Katusha kit, not for any reasons of allegiance, but to show my willingness to take money from the Russian mafia. Ooh did I say that out loud??

yello

I do wear a Brioches La Boulangère shirt from time to time. Not because I was a fan of the 'Baker Boys' (as they were known) but because I liked the shirt and (I unashamedly admit) it amused me!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I used it a couple of times on XC races got some funny looks

In that case, it's probably more to do with the fact that it's road kit - while wearing my own club kit at Mountain Mayhem one year, I got shouts of 'gay roadie' and so on (as I was passing 'real' MTBers...)! Seemed to be a pretty common insult for anyone not in baggies...

I don't get all the elitism here.

Wearing a Manchester United shirt with number 10 and Rooney on the back doesn't make you Rooney, nor is it a sign of disrespect towards Rooney.

lukesdad

In that case, it's probably more to do with the fact that it's road kit - while wearing my own club kit at Mountain Mayhem one year, I got shouts of 'gay roadie' and so on (as I was passing 'real' MTBers...)! Seemed to be a pretty common insult for anyone not in baggies...

Aye it was the fact it was road kit. Gay Roadie ! :biggrin: sorry but that is funny. :thumbsup:

Jezston

Über Member
I don't get it.

Why the criticism of people wearing replica WC kit or whatever, saying it disrespects the sport and the achievement or whatever.

Why no criticism of the UCI and whoever for PERMITTING and profiting from the sale of such replica kit?

If you think replica world champion kit disrespects the sport, direct your complaints to the UCI for devaluing the achievement so much by licensing the gear and allowing the manufacturers to sell them in shops, not the people wearing them.

I bought a WC jersey back in the summer because it looked nice (plain white with rainbow stripes around the middle) and it was on special offer, and it fitted me well. I don't really follow the sport and aren't a member of any clubs so didn't know anything about it being 'disrespectful' or whatever.

I might have to stencil 'world champion of nothing' on it and a trollface on the back before I start wearing it once it gets warmer again. I should probably dye the WC stripes out black on my Tudor Sports gear, too in case they cause any offence.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Have to agree with knobby above ^.
Who cares what you/someone else wears.
Do people really care what others wear that much that they have to look down their noses at people who do wear replica kit?
It's just snobbery. Plain and simple.

lukesdad

^^^
He does the shopping on his bike in his Chelsea shirt, don t you know. Outrageous I say ! :whistle:

If you think replica world champion kit disrespects the sport, direct your complaints to the UCI for devaluing the achievement so much by licensing the gear and allowing the manufacturers to sell them in shops, not the people wearing them.

As if by magic, common sense appeared.

OP
OP
bennydorano

bennydorano

Veteran
Think I'll post a photo when I buy this top, not sure whether to go for kissing the bands like a Premiership footballer who's joined a club a fortnight previously or just give the fingers?

I have a Maglia Rosa which I wear in the summer. Very few people outside cycling know what it is but it certainly stands out which to me means visibility. I have an old marhell ploughmans jersey as someone I know could get them cheap at the end of the year. There'a a great comedy irony of a crap cyclist wearing a replica jersey. I really should get a red polka dot jersey for when I'm pushing my bike on foot up a big climb
tongue.gif

Top Bottom