CBBD : Do you suffer from this condition ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I already have a number of vintage bicycles, mostly touring and road bikes. But I need both a mountain bike and a folding bike, though a folding bike may be a bit of a stretch, due to my size. I also have a recumbent bike. And a tricycle at work, but that doesn't count, 'cos it's at work.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
but that doesn't count, 'cos it's at work.

I apply that point; currently there's two stored at work. One's my 'snow MTB' and the other's my son's winter commuter.

Two bikes stored outside (Raleigh Pioneer and Raleigh Sports) and there's 11 in the (over-full) storage plus another 2 in there but for sale, so they don't count either. Oh, and three currently being built up, but as they're not finished they also don't count. And my son's is at his university accommodation.

That makes 21 across 4 of us :wacko:

lane

Veteran
No I am a bit unusual in that I prefer to have one bike that meets all my needs. I have had up to three bikes in the past. I do like buying bits for the bike though. It's much easier to have bits delivered to work and then sneak them in the garage compared to a whole bike.

ren531

Über Member
Going to use this as proof to Mrs ren531 that i havnt got enough bikes
I apply that point; currently there's two stored at work. One's my 'snow MTB' and the other's my son's winter commuter.

Two bikes stored outside (Raleigh Pioneer and Raleigh Sports) and there's 11 in the (over-full) storage plus another 2 in there but for sale, so they don't count either. Oh, and three currently being built up, but as they're not finished they also don't count. And my son's is at his university accommodation.

D

Deleted member 26715

I don't suffer from CBBD, but I do suffer from CBA

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
"Only" got 3 now .Road bike Folder and tourer did have 5 at one point when Mrs Banjo asked "How can you ride all those with only one arse?"

Well, I've just succumbed to N+1, so that brings me up to a grand total of four.

They're nicely spread over different categories, but only two are actually rideable - the road bike and the new (to me) hybrid. The vintage bike is on the loft as it's too small for me, and the MTB is in pieces because it's the practical part of my self-learn "how-to-do-bike-maintenance" course...

I've been playing with a Rockrider 720 in Decathlon and sort of thinking about it...

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I like reading this thread. It provides me with the knowledge that I am not a crazy bike hoarder, just a guy who likes bicycles. Now the guy down the street from my parish church, that was a crazy bike hoarder. More than a hundred old antique roadster bicycles from the 30's, 40's, and 50's, all stored in the attic. I was there the day they started taking bikes out, it was a yardful. I hope they found good homes for them all.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

OMG...

Top Bottom