CBBD : Do you suffer from this condition ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by rustybolts, 10 Apr 2019.

1. mudsticks

mudsticks Über Member

You're not the first to suggest this :bicycle:

fossyant likes this.
  2. I already have a number of vintage bicycles, mostly touring and road bikes. But I need both a mountain bike and a folding bike, though a folding bike may be a bit of a stretch, due to my size. I also have a recumbent bike. And a tricycle at work, but that doesn't count, 'cos it's at work.

3. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

I apply that point; currently there's two stored at work. One's my 'snow MTB' and the other's my son's winter commuter.

Two bikes stored outside (Raleigh Pioneer and Raleigh Sports) and there's 11 in the (over-full) storage plus another 2 in there but for sale, so they don't count either. Oh, and three currently being built up, but as they're not finished they also don't count. And my son's is at his university accommodation.

That makes 21 across 4 of us :wacko:

4. lane

lane Über Member

No I am a bit unusual in that I prefer to have one bike that meets all my needs. I have had up to three bikes in the past. I do like buying bits for the bike though. It's much easier to have bits delivered to work and then sneak them in the garage compared to a whole bike.

gavroche and Gravity Aided like this.
  5. ren531

ren531 Well-Known Member

Going to use this as proof to Mrs ren531 that i havnt got enough bikes

Gravity Aided and DCLane like this.
  6. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

I don't suffer from CBBD, but I do suffer from CBA

7. Banjo

Banjo Fuelled with Jelly Babies

"Only" got 3 now .Road bike Folder and tourer did have 5 at one point when Mrs Banjo asked "How can you ride all those with only one arse?"

gavroche likes this.
  8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

There are now 10.5 bikes in my garage.

Gravity Aided and raleighnut like this.
  9. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Well, I've just succumbed to N+1, so that brings me up to a grand total of four.

They're nicely spread over different categories, but only two are actually rideable - the road bike and the new (to me) hybrid. The vintage bike is on the loft as it's too small for me, and the MTB is in pieces because it's the practical part of my self-learn "how-to-do-bike-maintenance" course...

I've been playing with a Rockrider 720 in Decathlon and sort of thinking about it...

raleighnut likes this.
  10. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

currently I have four, I obviously need to work harder at it

tom73 likes this.
  11. I like reading this thread. It provides me with the knowledge that I am not a crazy bike hoarder, just a guy who likes bicycles. Now the guy down the street from my parish church, that was a crazy bike hoarder. More than a hundred old antique roadster bicycles from the 30's, 40's, and 50's, all stored in the attic. I was there the day they started taking bikes out, it was a yardful. I hope they found good homes for them all.

mustang1 and ren531 like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    rustybolts

rustybolts Regular

My problem is I like to "futureproof" my bikes so I collect chainrings , cassettes BBs etc , I don't want to know what I spent on them either!

Gravity Aided likes this.
  13. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

OMG...

Gravity Aided likes this.
  14. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

And that's now. Two months ago we were at 26.

15. I feel so much better about 7 now....

rustybolts likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice