Do you suffer from GAS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No not that one @Dave7 .
Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
Do you scan the internet for reviews of the latest gear and constantly want to upgrade? Do you want the latest premium groupset with electric shifting?
Hanker after the newest 'most aero yet' frame and associated accessories? The latest gravel or mountain bike which of course has the fashionable 1x gear train?
I note the interest in these pages for new innovations, so come on fes up, who can't resist?
Or are you the very opposite and keep your machines on the road with used parts and only buy the cheapest service items?

All uphill

Still rolling along
No not that one @Dave7 .
Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
Do you scan the internet for reviews of the latest gear and constantly want to upgrade? Do you want the latest premium groupset with electric shifting?
Hanker after the newest 'most aero yet' frame and associated accessories? The latest gravel or mountain bike which of course has the fashionable 1x gear train?
I note the interest in these pages for new innovations, so come on fes up, who can't resist?
Or are you the very opposite and keep your machines on the road with used parts and only buy the cheapest service items?

I'm vaguely interested in reading about new developments on these dark evenings, but nowhere near enough to buy.

In the daytime I'm happy to be out on my bike, and don't think that happiness would increase if my bike had more gears or a carbon frame.

tyred

Legendary Member
Not really as I don't go looking for new things very often.

I suffer from SAS (Scrap Acquisition Syndrome) where I can never pass a skip without checking for abandoned bikes or parts and always go around collecting any old cycle related stuff that might be useful one day.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
For the life of me I can't understand how people get through so much stuff! I ride as transport and everything in between. 3500 plus miles a year and never had to go through multiple chainsets, wheels, tyres, bags, bars and god knows what. Bike serviced regularly and looked after, one set of lights, Carridice bags for holidays and shopping, no wardrobes or cupboards stuffed with expensive cycling clothing.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I rarely wear anything out I upgrade so often. It's a disorder I'm sure.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Only usually for stuff my practical experience suggests I need, rather than someone else with an agenda telling me I should need or want.

Tbh the modern cycling industry seems to be drifing in a direction I find entirely unappealing, and while I have a passing interest in what's new to market, very little of it makes me want to part with any money.

Top Bottom