CBBD : Do you suffer from this condition ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
+5 i know... :laugh:

mikeymustard

Veteran
You’re right about the vintage version being the most aggressive.
Started with one, just to see how I got on with restoring an old steed.
Number 12 now in progress.
Thought I’d sell a couple to free some space, went through them one by one, and found a reason to keep every single one, dammit.
I've found a way around that - I've sold three bikes to one person who's rubbish at looking after them. He gives me beer to take them back for a "service" every now and again. Obviously I take them for a little ride after; it would be rude not to!
There is of course, a downside to this arrangement: he had one stolen cos he got drunk and left it in town for a weekend - it was my favourite too :smile::rolleyes:

BorderReiver

Veteran
I apply the same rule to bikes as I do to my wardrobe: anything I haven't used in the last year goes. That keeps the number of bikes steady at "about" 5.

bladderhead

Two bikes, so not that many relative to you lot. I had one recumbent. I now have two. I do have a bit of a weakness for components. I bought titanium jockey wheels for the chain tensioner. How did I fall for that one? But If I spin them they do go round for ages, which the old ones do not. I got a chain with red bits which are almost entirely rubbed off. I got a Rohloff which I then discovered would not fit in the drop-outs. Silly me!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I apply the same rule to bikes as I do to my wardrobe: anything I haven't used in the last year goes. That keeps the number of bikes steady at "about" 5.

So do I. All of them get used except my wife's. If they didn't they would be sold.

It's just we ride and race in a range of disciplines; TT's, track, cross, road, audaxes plus commuting in all weathers.

Top Bottom