CC East Riding Branch - End of year ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I've prepared for the ride by getting two punctures in my favourite bike's tyres.

Typical: snow and ice has halted my work, so decided to leave early on Friday. Inspired by sunshine, I take a scenic route home - and the entire route is strewn with a mixture of mud, slush and hedge clippings. The local farmer has been out with his flail mower.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
Had another thought. I have a vague recollection that Wetwang chippie opened a branch in Brandesburton so that could be good for an emergency tea stop.

:ohmy: It's a very nice chip shop too. It's prob the best f&c for miles around here & a few benches outside. After the fish & chip shop, we could then cycle to the Dacre Arms in Brans, as they do nice food too :biggrin:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
A good day’s ride & thrills & spills with the ice!

Obviously the best thing was the PISTACHIO ice cream at Mr Moo’s I’m sure all those who attended would agree!

Hope there were no more spills after I left you. Tea and biscuits for Helen.

Used a stretch of the tpt from Hornsea on the way back. Riding through puddles with a thin layer of ice on them and crunching through it, same sort of satisfaction as bursting bubblewrap.
Also passed a guy coming the other way in shorts :laugh:

Enjoyed the ride and pleasure to meet all of you. Thanks to solty for organising it.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
One casualty: I got home to find my front tyre flat. I suspect those hedge clippings on the cycleway going into Beverley. At least it held up until I got back to the truck.

And, yes, I did find the truck, no problems. It was still there, unmolested, even though I'd inadvertantly left the passenger door unlocked!

Nice to meet you all, or see you again (delete as applicable). What's the plan for the next ride? (And when are the Yorkies going to do something like that?)

Amanda P

Legendary Member
DSC_0377.jpg

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Good day & hope everyone enjoyed it, nice to meet everyone, although my bottom didn't get on too well with the new saddle :smile:

Lovely bakewell at Mr Moos, but not sure about that floaty coffee thing, who's idea was that :biggrin:

Just got back into Hull as darkness was upon us, so quite good timing really.

Apologies for the poor road conditions :bravo: but it was out of my control :smile: although my wife came up with a good idea :idea: don't plan any rides when it's icy :biggrin: :biggrin:

PS i'm sure a few of us East Riding folk could make it to York if someone wants to sort something

nursing a few bruises after my tumble, but i'm more bothered about busting my front light, which i didn't know had happened until i came to switch it on:wacko: bugger!
below is a pic of unclephil, helenD123, craigwend, soltydog and spandex at the fish shop stop. i tried to resist and just eat my pack-up, but had to cave to the carbs ;)
DSCF3557.jpg

cheers, velocidad.

Top Bottom