CC East Riding Branch - End of year ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
After consulting my diary, the only free weekend date that i have for a ride this year is Sunday 7th December :biggrin: Anyone up for a day ride then?

Probable route will be from Hull centre, along the TPT (tarmac section) some quiet roads upto Hornsea (possible cafe stops at Wrygarth, but may be a little early & Mr Moos) Then work our way across to Beverley & back towards Hull. Not sure what the mileage will be yet, but i'll sort a route out & try to get a rough mileage if there's enough interest for that date. Of course it will all be at a nice staedy pace & no one will get left behind. Everyone welcome, not just the regular old faces :biggrin:

If the date is not popular then i'll look at another night ride, round this neck of the woods :thumbsup:

sounds good to me solty, i'm in!

cheers, velocidad.

I may well be able to make it.
The date would even let me get a few miles in before hand. Bouncing about on 10 meter seas near Norway at the moment. And another 3 weeks to go yet ;)

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Looks like there's enough of us to make it worthwhile then :welcome: I'll try & get a route plotted out, but not too sure of best way from Bev to Hull on quiet roads, so if anyone can help me out there it would be appreciated. Ta

HelenD123

Guru
The best way I've found from Bev to Hull by road is to go down Long Lane then through Woodmansey to the Dunswell roundabout. You then have the choice of going straight down Beverley Road or left towards Kingswood and you can eventually join back up with the TPT. Or if you turn right in Dunswell there's a backroad into Cottingham. Depends where you want to be in Hull.

To help me keep in shape my company very generously bought me a turbo trainer to go with the ships bike today.

I'm sure the manager will be fine about it when he finds out.

zacklaws

Guru
If it was not for the fact I'm working nights that weekend and cannot guarantee how tired I would be that day I would join you. Cycle from Beverley to Hull and then leave you on return to Beverley. Have you any aproximate timings etc so I can work out how much rest I could get before going back to work that night at 1900 and I can then decide whether to go for it. If not theres always another day.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hi Zacklaws, Not sure of timings yet, but will try & work some out in a week or so. Will aim to get most done during daylight, so maybe 9 or 10am start & back to Beverley or Hull for about 4ish.
I'll work out a route & timings & then post on here & see what people think.

Shaun

Founder
Thanks for the heads-up - I may well be up for this one, although it's the annual Christmas Ball at the Uni the night before; not usually a do I get shedded at, but one never knows. :smile:

Top Bottom