CC East Riding Branch - End of year ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
HelenD123 said:
Just to warn people, the bit between Beverley and Cottingham is partly unpaved and pretty rough so probably not suitable for your best bike;)

And the large barking dog at one of the farms on that stretch. Always been on the opposite side of a fence to me fortunately so far.

HelenD123

Guru
Piemaster said:
And the large barking dog at one of the farms on that stretch. Always been on the opposite side of a fence to me fortunately so far.

Yeah, he was still there last time I went that way. Gets you when you first approach the house then runs round the other side to carry on barking at you as you're leaving!

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
I might save a few miles and join you in Sutton with Piemaster. Otherwise this looks fine for me. Thanks Solty for sorting it.

N oproblem, but please remember I've only sorte dthe route out, I'm leaving the weather for someone else to sort :rofl:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Tried the bit between (TPT) Swine & Goxhill today, mudguards, & overshoes very much needed, very heavy on the legs, hope it dries up for next week...

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Well it looks like it's going to be cold, but hopefully it will be dry. Found a 6 day forecast which is howing about 6 degrees & dry with cloudy & sunny spells, so fingers crossed.
My new bike is due to arrive on Friday, so hopefully i'll be on it for the ride on Sunday ;) Haven't been so excited for a long time
Not been out much lately, i've been suffering with cramp in my thighs :eek: but i'm sure i'll be fine on Sunday

HelenD123

Guru
What bike are you getting, or is it a surprise (for us, not you, obviously;))? I'm looking forward to it. Thermals and gloves at the ready!

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
What bike are you getting, or is it a surprise (for us, not you, obviously;))? I'm looking forward to it. Thermals and gloves at the ready!

Those that don't want to know look away now ;)

I'm getting another spesh, the Tricross. Was planning on a tourer, but they hiked the price up £200 so i couldn't get it through C2W scheme. I'm hoping the Tricross will be more practical & suitable for my short tours :thumbsup:

Top Bottom