CC East Riding Branch - End of year ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
Ooh, I do like the look of the Spesh Tricross. And it will be perfect for Sunday.

I've liked it since i saw one 2 years ago, just after buying my allez ellite ;)
I've got guards & a rack too & i'm guessing the guards will come in handy on Sunday too :thumbsup:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Er... just trying to look at the proposed route Solty linked to in post #22and I can't get it to work for me.

Not an issue, I can just follow the crowd - but I do need to know where you plan to meet. Could someone give me a grid ref or something I can find with Google Earth or Streetmap or summat? And clues on where it would be good to park nearby?

You mentioned going out along the TPT. Is that the one that follows the river under the Humber bridge? If so, that'd be a good place to park and catch you all, maybe...

Briefly route solty posted link to is: starts in Hull city centre and heads sort of north-east on tpt to Hornsea, through Hornsea a bit then back via Beverley to Hull.

Meeting point outside train station / St.Stephens square shopping mall? I'll be joining ride down the road a bit in Sutton, so will obviously leave it to those who are meeting up there.
Parking. Not sure when city centre car parks will be open (Xmas opening) and they will be busy and expensive - most are multi-storey and quite tight for space, which would be worse with bike on back.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=53.746758,-0.34330164&z=17&t=h&hl=en-GB
is the city centre. St.Stephens Sq is now on site of car park between Lombard St. & Ferensway on the left. Car park to top right may be best bet if you are coming from York A1079, or theres a park and ride well signposted as you come into the city from A63 which would entail another mile or two ride into the centre.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Ah. Going north-east out of Hull (I was fixated on west).

Perhaps I could catch up with the bunch somewhere between Sutton and Hornsea, then? Could someone who can see Solty's maps throw out some village names, maybe with some guesses at the times you'll pass thru and I'll lurk in one of those.

That'll save thrashing into the centre of Hull on a Christmas shopping weekend, make it easier to park somewhere and give me longer in bed...

HelenD123

Guru
Uncle Phil said:
Ah. Going north-east out of Hull (I was fixated on west).

Perhaps I could catch up with the bunch somewhere between Sutton and Hornsea, then? Could someone who can see Solty's maps throw out some village names, maybe with some guesses at the times you'll pass thru and I'll lurk in one of those.

That'll save thrashing into the centre of Hull on a Christmas shopping weekend, make it easier to park somewhere and give me longer in bed...

The first villages out of Hull we go through are Oubrough, Old Ellerby, New Ellerby, and Little Hatfield. Or maybe Piemaster could suggest somewhere in Sutton that would be safe to park. The other alternative would be to park near the end of the ride in Cottingham and cycle the last few miles into Hull. That wouldn't give you a lie in though!

Dunno if you missed that the return ride is a different route to the outbound one, so if you park up at one of the villages mentioned it means a further ride to get back to your car.....
There is a small car park in Sutton. Never noticed it being particularly full on a weekday morning when I've been past, but not sure of any restrictions on it. You may find some on-street parking around there if not. Surely can't be that busy on a Sunday morning?

edit:
oops. could well be busy, forgot about the church & associated parking...

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hope you are sorted with the parking Phil. Not sure if it's free parking on Sundays in the centre on the run up to Christmas, but it shouldn't be too busy when we meet :biggrin:

Just seen the weather forecast & it looks like it will be cold, but dry with a 15mph s/w wind ;)

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Just a reminder of times :biggrin:
9am start outside front entrance of Paragon station.

If anyone is meeting us enroute & would like my mobile number incase you are running late pm me & i'll try & get it to you tomorrow (saturday) evening

See you all Sunday

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
velocidad said:
started making my pack-up already ;-)

mmmm lovely sanries all curled up at the edges by Sunday :smile:

If it's too cold for ice cream at Mr Moos the cakes are lovely too :smile:

Anyone know of other cafes / cake stops enroute that will be open on Sunday, cause if it's real cold we might need more than one stop to warm up

HelenD123

Guru
Soltydog said:
Anyone know of other cafes / cake stops enroute that will be open on Sunday, cause if it's real cold we might need more than one stop to warm up

Lots of places in Hornsea or Beverley. Not sure about anywhere else.

HelenD123

Guru
Had another thought. I have a vague recollection that Wetwang chippie opened a branch in Brandesburton so that could be good for an emergency tea stop.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
There is a rather nice chippie in Brands (also a restaurant) I'll see if I can break my 'two chip butties record' from last time when we went to Hornsea.
Began the prep for the ride tomorrow; gave the galaxy a good old clean and lube & managed to snap my rear mudguard to a fashionable 3/4 length (SKS too), have managed to stick it back on but don't hold any hope of it holding out.
Hopefully I can also find some fitness somewhere in the house and I then I should be fine for tomorrow!
Planning on putting some clothes on the radiator so they are toasty for the ride when I wake up!

Confession, I won’t be doing the full ride, may leave at Leven area or Beverley (area), though I may have a spurt of inspiration as the ride goes on.

Top Bottom