CC East Riding Branch - End of year ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I think th eWrygarth at Hatfield will be too early for a cafe stop, so the stop will be at Mr Moos & just for Comedy Pilot I had to call in today to check they sold pistachio ice cream & they certainly do ;) If it's not out on display, you just thave to ask for it.

Can anyone recommend a simple to use online route plotter to calculate distances etc

If the route includes bridleways is that ok with everyone, or will anyone be on a road bike?

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Solty I sued this for our Hull to Hornsea (& our theoretical '100' for next year)

if I can use it so can anyone

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

Use jump to get to your first point , start recording (oh just play with it till you get the hang of it)

Hopefully see you on the day, still not too sure of my availability.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
had a quick look at the gmap thingy, but it doesn't have the TPT on, only roads. I'll have a play sometime & see if i can sort it ;)

any surface is fine for me.
just had a quick mess with the maps and route planning on bikehike.co.uk , it has 2 maps, a standard google maps and an OS map (which has TPT) both are displayed, one in the main map window and one in a smaller window in the corner, you can toggle between the 2. hope this helps.

cheers, velocidad.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Return journey via beverley just short of 29 miles Return route

I've never riden the route around Beverley & to Hull, so i'm just working off the online maps & sustrans map at home. hope the routes are ok.

Probably be around 7 hours including tea stop at Mr Moos, so i think a 9am start would be best to complete the ride in daylight. Just the ride home in the dark :biggrin:

It's aound 55 miles, for the complete ride, but if anyone wants to meet somewhere enroute let me know & i'll get approx times for the required points.
Also if prefrered, the route can be reversed & we can cycle out of Hull towards Cott & Bev, the roads maybe quieter early on & may be easier that way for some to join, Helen??

Dont worry about offending me, i'm open to route alterations if required ;)

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
PS Hopefully i'll have my new steed sometime next week, so this will be the christening ride :biggrin:
I'm getting all excited, just hope it arrives in time ;)

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Soltydog said:
PS Hopefully i'll have my new steed sometime next week, so this will be the christening ride :angry:
I'm getting all excited, just hope it arrives in time :wacko:

What your getting a horse? no wonder you want to go on the TPT -is a matching his & hers nag?:tongue:

Distance will be too much for me after most of the last month off the bike.
I'll join in for a leg up to Hornsea though, maybe a bit further if I feel OK, then make my own way back home.

Best place for me to meet up would probably be Sutton, at the basketball court / kids play area, so not long after everyone else sets off.

HelenD123

Guru
I might save a few miles and join you in Sutton with Piemaster. Otherwise this looks fine for me. Thanks Solty for sorting it.

Just to warn people, the bit between Beverley and Cottingham is partly unpaved and pretty rough so probably not suitable for your best bike;)

Soltydog said:
I think th eWrygarth at Hatfield will be too early for a cafe stop, so the stop will be at Mr Moos & just for Comedy Pilot I had to call in today to check they sold pistachio ice cream & they certainly do :sad: If it's not out on display, you just thave to ask for it.

Can anyone recommend a simple to use online route plotter to calculate distances etc

If the route includes bridleways is that ok with everyone, or will anyone be on a road bike?

I will be:wacko: but she will be fine
HelenD123 said:
I might save a few miles and join you in Sutton with Piemaster. Otherwise this looks fine for me. Thanks Solty for sorting it.

Just to warn people, the bit between Beverley and Cottingham is partly unpaved and pretty rough so probably not suitable for your best bike;)

Best bike Best bike it is getting worse :sad::wacko:

Top Bottom