CC Ecosse August Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
hi folks , just a wee note to say hospital visit today confirmed clean break on my collar bone so no need for an op ;) they x rayed my hand as it was bit doggy looking but no finger breaks . all other injurys will just take time and collar bone 4-6 weeks ( wish i had sams daughters healing powers and youthfulness ;) )

will keep u guys updated on progress
cheers and thanx again for good wishes

Yay! That's great news :hello:

T

HonestMan1910

Über Member

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
copys of the linlithgow gazette can be bought on route of sat pedal 4 cake run in various good newsagents in linlithgow , winchburgh & kirkliston :whistle:
spread the word :thumbsup:
1. We, the stopping-in-Winchburgh-to-see-Sleekitcollie riders, were expecting signed copies :laugh:.

2. Do such newsagents exist in such places ?? :ohmy:

[hides]

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
... and I believe at least 1 in K'liston :huh:.

Mind you, at least the road surface is better in K'liston (for now :rolleyes:).

;)
Wait until the new house building gets properly underway in K'liston. It'll be like the Somme round here

Went thru Winchburgh yesterday. Nearly rattled my fillings out on the corrugated surface

GAVSTER

Very odd - http://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/news/Winchburgh-cyclist-savedby-his.6525376.jp

A mate of mine - Stuart Fairley (notice subtle spelling difference - also came off his bike last week and broke his collar bone.

This was in Fife but didn't make a newspaper.

What a small and slightly bizarre world.

I would also say that if your name is either Stuart or Stewart Farely and you live in Central Scotland then you might as well just jump off your bike now and egt it over and done with :-)

sleekitcollie

Very odd - http://www.linlithgo...-his.6525376.jp

A mate of mine - Stuart Fairley (notice subtle spelling difference - also came off his bike last week and broke his collar bone.

This was in Fife but didn't make a newspaper.

What a small and slightly bizarre world.

I would also say that if your name is either Stuart or Stewart Farely and you live in Central Scotland then you might as well just jump off your bike now and egt it over and done with :-)

oh dear , yeah small world indeed ..
u have to know the right people to make the news paper ;)

GAVSTER

oh dear , yeah small world indeed ..
u have to know the right people to make the news paper ;)

I think Stuart was rather embarrassed by his off and is rather glad he hasn't been featured in a paper. He was riding his new fixie after posting about how gears were for the over 40s and I think it was the cycling gods getting their revenge for taking the pish out of old fellas like me :-)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
hmmm ... there seems to be a theme here ...new bike testing! ;)
(OK, there is also the Stewart/Stuart F thing, which is a bit freaky)

Heal fast, all of you!

T

sleekitcollie

I think Stuart was rather embarrassed by his off and is rather glad he hasn't been featured in a paper. He was riding his new fixie after posting about how gears were for the over 40s and I think it was the cycling gods getting their revenge for taking the pish out of old fellas like me :-)
slightly embarrassed myself , after the come look at sleekitcollies new pinarello etc
sent a wee message to stuart from fife via his facebook page

sleekitcollie

[attachment=886:stewart x ray.JPG][attachment=886:stewart x ray.JPG] guys just a quick update , was at the hospital today for a check up and they have taken my sling off , i've to start moving it , but not to lift anything just yet ( which i supose means no lifting bike from the garage lol )
movement is very restricted just now but aim 2 touch back of my head over nxt week .

most other injurys al ok apart from hamstring which is still a bit tight and kidney area bit tender still

but very happy that sling is off and docs happy at bone healing

ps thought id include a pic of my x ray .. just to show wat a real cyclists collar bone looks like , ha ha , if i was a real cyclist then mabey i'd have stayed on my bike eh lol

Attachments

• stewart x ray.JPG
    stewart x ray.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 64

TechMech

[attachment=886:stewart x ray.JPG][attachment=886:stewart x ray.JPG] guys just a quick update , was at the hospital today for a check up and they have taken my sling off , i've to start moving it , but not to lift anything just yet ( which i supose means no lifting bike from the garage lol )
movement is very restricted just now but aim 2 touch back of my head over nxt week .

most other injurys al ok apart from hamstring which is still a bit tight and kidney area bit tender still

but very happy that sling is off and docs happy at bone healing

ps thought id include a pic of my x ray .. just to show wat a real cyclists collar bone looks like , ha ha , if i was a real cyclist then mabey i'd have stayed on my bike eh lol

Stewart how come it still looks broken, did they not straighten it out for you when you first went in?

Top Bottom