CC Ecosse East

T d F or linlithgow?

• T d F

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Linthgow

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jane Smart

The Queen
Ok from other threads on here, a date and place needs to be fixed. :biggrin:

I am hopeless at arranging things, but we are well overdue a ride out together I think? :thumbsup:

Any ideas anyone?? :bicycle:

update:-For:

SB
JimBr (TBC)
The lovely JS.
Coco
TechMech

Apologies:

kfinlay

scook94

Veteran
I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine! My availability over the next wee while will be limited though and I so wanted to see your new bike (and show mine off too!)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
How about a ride that goes across the Forth Bridge, as Coco has suggested that he'd like to come across from the far west for that :ohmy:
If it started from Edinburgh (Waverley or Haymarket), that would be easy enough to reach by train from all corners of central Scotland?

[If people like the idea and the date suits, you'd be welcome chez HJ & T's afterwards for some tea & "side dishes"]

Just an idea ... any others? I'd suggest that, wherever we go, we keep it below 50k or thereabouts and don't make it too hilly, to encourage all old & new CC Ecossers. The resident mega-milers and "fast boys & girls" can always add on some distance before/after if they feel the need to :tongue:.

T

ACS

Legendary Member
I think, for whats it is worth, the first CC Ecosse run out of the season should be a unified affair somewhere in the middle of the central belt (Bathgate area perhaps). Social loop with cake at the end. I must admit I do not know the area at all but a quick look at the map shows a lot of unclass roads leading up to the Avonbridge area, or the Tour of Falkirk may be an option.

ACS

Legendary Member
Coco said:
Fixed that for you :wacko:

Any more details on the TdF routes?

With my sense of direction I think my Freudian slip may have been correct in the first instance. :biggrin:

The TdeF was discussed as a possible route last year but I cannot call if a group completed it. We did a route last year around a loch with a visit to a pub in the middle followed by myself a BFG taking turns on the back.
That was a great route......did I mention the pub? :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
satans budgie said:
With my sense of direction I think my Freudian slip may have been correct in the first instance. :wacko:

The TdeF was discussed as a possible route last year but I cannot call if a group completed it. We did a route last year around a loch with a visit to a pub in the middle followed by myself a BFG taking turns on the back.
That was a great route......did I mention the pub? :biggrin:

Would that have been Loch Venachar/Trossachs? with some gravel tracks round the southside of the loch?

I'll have a look through the old posts and try to find the route links, there were a few TdF variations that were voted down in favour of Loch Venachar and others ...

T

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The only thing to be weary of with Bathgate/Falkirk is there are a lot of hills around there. Some people may remember getting a wee bit of help getting up them or was it not being allowed to get off and walk... ;)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Telemark said:
I'll have a look through the old posts and try to find the route links, there were a few TdF variations that were voted down in favour of Loch Venachar and others ...

T

Back from rummaging among the old CC Ecosse rides threads: I only managed to find the TdF route taken last summer ... it's only about 23 miles (36.5 km), but reportedly has some gentle hills in it to make up for the distance, 380m ascent ;).

Any other route suggestions in the area?

T

TechMech

Telemark said:
Back from rummaging among the old CC Ecosse rides threads: I only managed to find the TdF route taken last summer ... it's only about 23 miles (36.5 km), but reportedly has some gentle hills in it to make up for the distance, 380m ascent ;).

Any other route suggestions in the area?

T

The TdF last year was a good ride. Led by Hlab in the pouring rain it was pretty hilly but not impossible and the six of us made it back alive I'd be up for a ride down there again :rofl:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
TechMech said:
The TdF last year was a good ride. Led by Hlab in the pouring rain it was pretty hilly but not impossible and the six of us made it back alive I'd be up for a ride down there again :biggrin:

Will you let us drool over show off your new monster bike? :rofl:
There seem to be lots of new bikes about, I still haven't seen Jane's No.3 bike ;), and Bhoyjim was expecting delivery of n+1, has it arrived yet?

You can bring the famous CC jersey along and pass it on to an unsuspecting "victim" :biggrin:

T

scook94

Veteran
The TdF would be a good idea, as the route itself isn't long. Those wanting a longer run can ride there or get off at a station or two before. Yes it's hilly (especially at the beginning) but we had a few walkers last time (myself included) and the hills don't last long so we re-grouped quite quickly.

Let's just hope for better weather!

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
I was on the TdF last year, I think it was a massive four weeks or so into my "cycling career" and I really enjoyed it, despite the dreadful weather. The hills were challenging, but as was said, some of us got off and walked the last part of them :smile:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
I'd be up for this as I can cycle there and back and do the TdF route so about 80 miles for me, I need to get more miles in before Etape Caledonia. Couldn't do this on the weekend of 8/9th May or obviously Etape weekend on 16th but most other weekends would be fine.

Jane, Kev D is not up to this yet but he has been out on his new bike and just about made it over Falkland hill!

Top Bottom