CC Ecosse July Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Is this to be a
- "Standard" CC Ecosse Forum ride (suitable for all, including beginners, MTBs, BSOs, those-who-have-never-ridden-more-than-their-own-length)

or a
- "Challenge" ride (suitable for the fitter rider, who can complete 100km) ???

Hauling up the Duke's Pass (from either side) would be a long walk for the former :cry:, an enjoyable climb for the latter :biggrin:.

I'm aware that we have not attracted very many new people over the past few rides :eek:. Loch Venacher via Duke's Pass would maintain this 'record' :thumbsdown:.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
scoosh said:
Is this to be a
- "Standard" CC Ecosse Forum ride (suitable for all, including beginners, MTBs, BSOs, those-who-have-never-ridden-more-than-their-own-length)

or a

Hauling up the Duke's Pass (from either side) would be a long walk for the former :cry:, an enjoyable climb for the latter :biggrin:.

I'm aware that we have not attracted very many new people over the past few rides :eek:. Loch Venacher via Duke's Pass would maintain this 'record' :thumbsdown:.

I only added that one as HLaB expressed a preference for something like that. It could be changed to the one round the south side and those who didn't fancy riding over the rocks and boulders could just walk that section. It would certainly be considerably flatter that way!

I really don't mind and I can always do the Duke's Pass sometime myself!

Let me know and I'll change it.

Also, if you can think of other routes I'll be happy to add those too.

MrRidley

scook94 said:
I only added that one as HLaB expressed a preference for something like that. It could be changed to the one round the south side and those who didn't fancy riding over the rocks and boulders could just walk that section. It would certainly be considerably flatter that way!

I really don't mind and I can always do the Duke's Pass sometime myself!

Let me know and I'll change it.

Also, if you can think of other routes I'll be happy to add those too.

That wouldn't be fun, why don't i come along and you can watch/laugh at me trying to get over the Pass.

MrRidley

scoosh said:
Is this to be a

or a

Hauling up the Duke's Pass (from either side) would be a long walk for the former :cry:, an enjoyable climb for the latter ;).

I'd be up for something of this nature, after all, we all like a challenge ;)

bhoyjim said:
I'd be up for something of this nature, after all, we all like a challenge ;)
Yip what's wrong with a challenge, If less fit folk do turn up on a Mtb, and they are more than welcome too. The option is there for some folk to do the flatter route round the Loch. I'd hope therefore the ride/s would be open to a wider spectrum of riders.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
HLaB said:
Yip what's wrong with a challenge, If less fit folk do turn up on a Mtb, and they are more than welcome too. The option is there for some folk to do the flatter route round the Loch. I'd hope therefore the ride/s would be open to a wider spectrum of riders.

I'll do the challenge too, as long as the scampi lunch is still included! :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
scook94 said:
Yup looks good to me. I'll add it to the poll. If Satan's Budgie or kfinlay want to chime in with a Fife route that would be welcome too.

Think another Fife route is a bit soon after the Loch Leven ride last month, I'd like to do a little more challenging route if there are enough up for it - Dukes Pass sounds good as I missed the Trossachs Tonne due to illness. Redstone Rigg sounds interesting too I just can't do 11 July as I'll be on my way to Skye (in the car) for a couple of days.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
I've done both polls now. I'd prefer a social ride, with a scampi lunch around the half-way marker!

They'll all be social rides whether the chosen route is lumpy or not! You seem to be somewhat obsessed with scampi though, a worrying sign... :biggrin:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
Tell me, does it have to come in a basket or is that optional?

I'm too young for the 'meals in baskets' phase to care! :smile:

HLaB said:
But the real question is does he prefer it with tartar sauce, ketchup or neither?

Tartare sauce. No substitutes! (Mayo for the chips of course :smile:)

sleekitcollie

Apparantly I'm otherwise engaged every sunday in July and a few in august :smile: . I was hoping to get out a few long runs and another col 100 mile runs in July but this won't happen now . I can usually make a sat run but I don't get in from my night shift till 8.30 -9 am ish on a sat so can get bit tired on a longer run but would like to cone along if i can make start time .

Top Bottom