CC Ecosse July Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleekitcollie

i,ll consult the "Boss ":blush: and then put my date in ,

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Thanks for volunteering, Scook :biggrin:

I am afraid I was busy last night ... mopping fevered brows (or rather brow) among other things :tongue:, and didn't log on to CC for a change.

Looks like you've got enough choices to set up a wee poll on the thread too? :tongue:
We COULD make the East Lothian option even more enticing by offering to show you our Nemesis hill ... the infamous Redstone Rigg (either following refreshments at Gifford, or retire to Gifford after the effort :tongue:)

T

P.S. Like your new photo :biggrin: very ahem ... pink!

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Telemark said:
Thanks for volunteering, Scook :biggrin:

I am afraid I was busy last night ... mopping fevered brows (or rather brow) among other things :tongue:, and didn't log on to CC for a change.

Looks like you've got enough choices to set up a wee poll on the thread too? :wacko:
We COULD make the East Lothian option even more enticing by offering to show you our Nemesis hill ... the infamous Redstone Rigg (either following refreshments at Gifford, or retire to Gifford after the effort :biggrin:)

T

P.S. Like your new photo :biggrin: very ahem ... pink!

I'm all for some of that!

For people who did the Loch Venachar ride last year, how do you feel about the woodland path bit on the south side? I've only done it with knobbly tyres and I'm not sure I'd fancy it on slicks.

I can put up an alternate route I sometimes do as an alternative, it's about 45 miles but has a few long inclines that might be a challenge for some. What do you all think?

I'll PM TechMech as I think we'd need him to navigate the Perth option.

TM, if you can think of an East Lothian route can you Bikely it or MapMyRide it and I'll add a poll with the routes included.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Have a look at this route, 65 km (40 miles) loop starting & finishing at Longniddry train station, can be extended to start from and/or finish at Edinburgh Waverley for those who think the Rigg is not enough :biggrin:...

What do you think?

I never had a problem with the south side of Loch V (but then my bike was made for tracks like that :wacko:, none of that fancy skinny tyre stuff :tongue:), the Byre Inn was reviewed in the papers recently, got a very complementary write-up ...

Perth was good too ... :biggrin:

T

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Yup looks good to me. I'll add it to the poll. If Satan's Budgie or kfinlay want to chime in with a Fife route that would be welcome too.

TechMech

No probs with the navigation on the Perth route as long as we do it on a Sunday, and yes that's the route :wacko:

The path round the loch to the Byre Inn was fine last year on the Boardman, but it did get a bit lumpy near the end around the cattle grid, but no worse than the roads we cycled last Sunday :biggrin: :tongue:

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Here's an alternative to the Loch Venachar route. Some appalling surface just before Fintry but other than that it's okay.

http://www.bikemap.net/route/558116 Thoughts?

I can put Loch Venachar on the poll too.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
just a tip - don't put up too many choices, it'll be too difficult to pick one :tongue:
There's always other weekends for new polls :wacko:

T

The sirrus with 25mm tyres coped fine with the path round Loch Venachar (Then again it was dry) I don't think my other bikes would see it. I don't know the roads well, so it might not be feasible do you think we could go along the A81 and Dukes Pass instead?

My favourite at the moment would be the Stirling - Trossach route we done something like that on a forum ride a couple of times before.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
HLaB said:
The sirrus with 25mm tyres coped fine with the path round Loch Venachar (Then again it was dry) I don't think my other bikes would see it. I don't know the roads well, so it might not be feasible do you think we could go along the A81 and Dukes Pass instead?

My favourite at the moment would be the Stirling - Trossach route we done something like that on a forum ride a couple of times before.

Okay added another round Loch Venachar via Duke's Pass! :evil:

Top Bottom