Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse Perth Ride - Sat 3rd August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
We had a great ride, so many thanks for organising the combined ride. Thanks to Pat for arranging bike transport, and thanks again to Rasmus and Mr. Messy for letting me tag along on the way to the start point, not getting annoyed when I started whinging about hills, and for waiting for me at the top of aforementioned hills.

It was really good to see so many new faces on this ride, it's just a shame that the weather was not so nice at Lil' Glenshee!

Dunning glen isn`t a hill:ph34r:

Apologies, Alastair.

Absolutely none required. If it was anyone's fault it was mine. I thought there were a couple of folk ahead of me but must have taken the wrong turning before I caught up!

Good run but windy!

Dunning glen isn`t a hill:ph34r:

We could tell from the gurning pained faces of those people twisted enough to be climbing it from the north that it would be much more fun riding it that way... :tongue:
I was referring particularly to the pair of 8-12% climbs shortly after Dunning - those scunnered me. They might not seem much to you, but my signature clearly states that I am fat and slow, and they were at mile 60 of a ride that was pretty much non-stop up until that point...

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I just want to say I love everyone there today, had such a good time in not the best of conditions, but there was a great group mentality, and you can thank my chain coming off, for the delay in catching up with Finn, and his leaving 22 people behind. managed to get it fixed from mr messy who not only cycled up, cycled home to Bishopbriggs as well.

jim55

Guru
really good day and turnout ,bit windy though ,but can i say on behalf of the people who wont say it ,this was not"pan flat"as promised,this was too much for a "beginners" ride ,(unless said beginner can maintain 16mph+ and put in a bit of effort that wasnt mentioned (over 40 ml),misleading if u ask me ,granted it wasnt really bad but it wasnt as said,well done to all who were there and made it round

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm number 3 (of 3 ahem!) in a cat 4 climb on strava :hyper: Dunno yet how many cat there are ...:huh:
Thank you very much guys (and @Telemark) for waiting patiently for us Belles, you were great to ride with!
Full report (with some added fictional facts :whistle:) and loads of pictures coming on the morrow.
@TechMech once home, kettle on, I did not hate you anymore :laugh: :hello:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
really good day and turnout ,bit windy though ,but can i say on behalf of the people who wont say it ,this was not"pan flat"as promised ......... well done to all who were there and made it round

Did some/anyone say "pan flat" ? If so, I would have remonstrated discussed it :boxing: with them; I have done this ride about 5 times now and I know that it is definitely not 'pan flat'. It is, as stated in the very first post:
  • Terrain: mostly flat, some lumps, no real hills; cycle paths and quiet roads; excellent for new people, beginners; great for more experienced
In CC Ecosse Forum ride terms - it is exactly that.

Part of the 'fun'/purpose of the CC Ecosse Forum rides is to encourage people to ride a bit further and a bit 'lumpier' than they may have done before - with the support and encouragement from the more experienced riders in the group. Personally, I felt this was well achieved today - with the Belles, in particular (of whom very few were CC folk), perhaps surprising themselves with how far and how lumpy they could ride. :bicycle: Amazing what the thought/scent/taste of CAKE :hungry: can do ! :laugh: [This was ably demonstrated by many of the said Belles (along with a few other miscreants uber-keen folk), post-cake :whistle: , charging ahead and missing the turn soon after we crossed the A85 .... ;), after their great efforts up to Chapelhill and on the 'Abbreviated Route' :smile:.]

To those who "won't say it" - I say chapeau ! :bravo: - you went further and lumpier than you thought you would and perhaps could ! :wahhey:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Worst weather I have ever done this ride in - but still a great one and many thanks to all who came along - and especially to @Col5632 for posting up and, of course, @TechMech for the route - way back when ... :thumbsup:

Lots of effort, some real grit, tales to tell and even some laughs. :laugh:

With a bit more :sun:, a bit less :rain: and definitely less , it would have been perfect. :wub:

But that wouldn't be any fun, would it ? :biggrin:

Top Bottom