Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse Perth Ride - Sat 3rd August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Perhaps we should also remember that this was always a CC Ecosse Forum Ride, to which the Belles were an addition - albeit a very Welcome :welcome: one. As a CCE Forum ride, it was 'what it said on the tin' - no more, no less. Yes, perhaps it was a tad more advanced than the Belles were up for (but most of them to whom I spoke had done harder rides in the past when they were much fitter, so the concept was not difficult for them to understand). So, as a Belle and a CC Member - @shyfire - what did you make of it ?

Any ride is a potential 'victim' to the weather - but 'the ride is the ride', whatever the weather :unsure:.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
A couple of options for future rides (starting points chosen to be accessible by bike/ rail/ car):
  • East Lothian, starting from The Filling Station:hungry: Longniddry Station ^_^
  • West Lothian, starting from Linlithgow
  • Midlothian, starting from Embra
  • Tour de Falkirk**, starting from ... mmmm ... Stirling Edinburgh Glasgow ... ok FALKIRK !!! :hyper:
Not got the W /Mid/ E Lothian routes sorted yet but as a concept ??
**TdF route is here; not sure whose route is is and I haven't done it ... yet ;).

Further research reveals this route ideas thing has been done before ... :rolleyes: The names may have changed but the searching-for-a-route remains constant ! :biggrin:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
A couple of options for future rides (starting points chosen to be accessible by bike/ rail/ car):
  • East Lothian, starting from The Filling Station:hungry: Longniddry Station ^_^
  • Tour de Falkirk**, starting from ... mmmm ... Stirling Edinburgh Glasgow ... ok FALKIRK !!! :hyper:

**TdF route is here; not sure whose route is is and I haven't done it ... yet ;).

Further research reveals this route ideas thing has been done before ... :rolleyes: The names may have changed but the searching-for-a-route remains constant ! :biggrin:

whats that tdf route in Miles? :ph34r:

I'd suggest something around Southeast Ayrshire/South Lanarkshire as there are some amazing cycling roads around there, but it's not the easiest area to get to by train (unless we started a ride in Sanquhar or thereabouts...)

Reactions: GBC

There's always the Tour de Campsies.....that's pretty central with train station options :whistle:

jim55

Guru
campsies ,hmmm the crow rd or even through kilsyth way and the hardened climbers can try the tak ma doon (i exlude myself on the basis that im old and rubbish),some lovely roads around there (kilsyth/fintry/callander ),its got a train station kinda close (cumbernauld or croy i think?)and ive done a coupla 20ish mile routes around there(albeit starting from the town centre ) i can think of a really good canalside diner the boathouse nr cumbernauld(this could b a bale out option as from here the train station has a direct line through to edinburgh or back to glasgow) , but as far as a route goes im rubbish at planning ,ride organiser i am not :blush:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
The road down the side of the water reservoir is maybe the worst road in scotland, maybe only beaten by the roads around the dukes pass

The road down the side of the water reservoir is maybe the worst road in scotland, maybe only beaten by the roads around the dukes pass

It's not quite so bad from west to east in my memory (or maybe, as I had cracked by the time I got there during the Trossachs Ton I simply can't remember it), but westward from the Tak the Carron Valley road is an appalling road surface.

I like...the radar road..i have unfinshed buisness with

I've walked up it once, the only time I've ever tried riding up it, I got about 20 yards up it when black storm clouds rolled in followed immediately by lightning and torrential rain. If ever there was a sign, that was it. :P

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
It's not quite so bad from west to east in my memory (or maybe, as I had cracked by the time I got there during the Trossachs Ton I simply can't remember it), but westward from the Tak the Carron Valley road is an appalling road surface.

Aye i came down it heading west, i needed to get a new rear wheel and a new front trye...such a shame as it would be great for cycling if they kept the road to a good standard

Top Bottom