CC Ecosse ride June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HLaB said:
Not always the most accurate but according to MM, east to west it looks like this, we could set up a nice loop via Roslin:

is east to the left and west to the right?

That would be fun, nice pubs with beer gardens in Roslin (and we could build in Roslin Glen too :angry:, but not make it too long a ride, to compensate for the wee challenges along the way :blush:.

T

Telemark said:

That would be fun, nice pubs with beer gardens in Roslin (and we could build in Roslin Glen too :angry:, but not make it too long a ride, to compensate for the wee challenges along the way :blush:.

T
Yip, east is left :blush:

I have done the Polton - Loanhead route a few times last year when I was commuting to Penicuik. It is good fun, however I would struggle to do that route just now!!
I have also recently hurt my achilles tendon and will be off the bike for a wee while. I am a bit dissapointed as I was right back in to the cycling after the slow trip round Loch Leven. Thanks again to everyone who helped me round that day. Hopefully I'll be back out with you lovely people sooner rather than later.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:biggrin: very sorry to hear about your injury, Macmerry - hope you heal quickly!
(Very impressed by you tackling the Polton road on your commute :wahhey:...)

T

Jane Smart

The Queen
macmerry saint said:
I have done the Polton - Loanhead route a few times last year when I was commuting to Penicuik. It is good fun, however I would struggle to do that route just now!!
I have also recently hurt my achilles tendon and will be off the bike for a wee while. I am a bit dissapointed as I was right back in to the cycling after the slow trip round Loch Leven. Thanks again to everyone who helped me round that day. Hopefully I'll be back out with you lovely people sooner rather than later.

That is such a shame, sorry to hear about your injury.

Hope that you recover soon and are back out on your :bicycle: again soon

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
macmerry saint said:
Lots of time to go round the bike shops and dream, then :biggrin: ....

Take care and don't try to get back too early ..... give it another week after you think it's 'right to ride' again :bicycle:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
macmerry saint said:

Hi Macmerry saint, sorry to hear about your AT injury, I ruptured mine just over 2 years now and found that cycling was the best recovery possible for the injury, was back in the saddle 4 weeks after coming out of plaster.

Telemark said:
It's well hidden from non-locals :blush:
Polton Bank - Polton Road (across river in centre of map is the low point)
Google StreetView doesn't quite do it justice ...

or maybe this shows it a bit better
T

HLaB said:
Not always the most accurate but according to MM, east to west it looks like this, we could set up a nice loop via Roslin:

Telemark said:

That would be fun, nice pubs with beer gardens in Roslin (and we could build in Roslin Glen too :laugh:, but not make it too long a ride, to compensate for the wee challenges along the way ;).

T

That's pretty close to chez Touche. A word of warning if going up that hill, it is very twisty and you can meet nutter drivers going down it. An easy route from Roslin to Loanhead is along the old railway line. This has been done up quite well apart from the broken glass that is always under the last bridge into Loanhead. Fortunately, there is a ramp off it before you get there.

Its raining, its supposed to be dry by the weekend though ;-)

I don't know if I'll be able to make it though; not having access to cheap transport.

I've plotted a cycle route out, 55 miles from Dunfermline to Braehead should be just about doable. Its the cycle home where I'd probably die! I'm unsure of the Glasgow bit though that's putting me off at the moment.

Currently:

its coming in via Gartcosh an the B806 (Gartloch Road);
A left on to Stepps Road , over the M8 and A8 to Sprinboig Road,
A right into Tynecastle St/Cartyne Rd/ Duke St to the CC (edit something wrong with bikely there);
Cross over one of the Bridges (Bridge St I think)
Then Norfolk St/ Nelson St/ Morrison St/ Paisley Rd W/ Edmiston Dr/ Shieldhall Rd (the A8) to Braehead.

Without getting too complicated as my geography of Glasgow is limited, what do you think of this route, I'm after some localish advice :sad:

sleekitcollie

Guys im struggling for Sunday . As I said in earlier post dog went in for a wee operation the other day . She is fine but not coping well with the bucket on her head . I was going to leave her with my parents ( b4 we knew she had to have the op ) but don't want to leave her with them for an all day shot . If the situation changes I'll post again . Sorry

Top Bottom