CC Ecosse ride June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coco

As discussed on the other thread, here is a proposal for a CC Ecosse ride in the West!

Doodle Here

Route Here

The route can be varied for longer or shorter as required. Xscape/Braehead is a great place to park - changing rooms/showers also available. Trains to Central and ride along the Clyde cycle path or to Yoker for a much shorter journey.

So far we have:
Coco
HLaB
HonestMan

Anyone else?

Cool :laugh: At the moment I'm free most weekends (If I can cadge a lift), except Saturday 19th (Edin - St Andrews). I also prefer Sundays, as I usually do the club run on a Saturday.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Thanks Coco :smile:
I was looking at the route, getting all excited and then I went to find my diary :biggrin:. Looks like the next 3 weekends are all tentatively booked out already! Edinburgh-St Andrews ride on the 19th, and the rest are non-cycling commitments ...:laugh:.

I COULD theoretically do the 20th, but given my lack of mileage over the last wee while, I am not sure I'd be up to another 50+k the next day :laugh:.

Anyway, I'll be following this thread for the entertainment value :wacko: and hope I might manage to sneak a day to join you all :angry:.

T

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'm afraid I can't do any of those dates. More worrying is that I seemed to have turned into a busy person without knowing it. :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
eldudino said:
I'm afraid I can't do any of those dates. More worrying is that I seemed to have turned into a busy knackered person without knowing it. :smile:
Did the Keswick Sportive today, 6 passes: Whinlatter, Newlands and Honister, climbed twice each, once from each direction. It was TOUGH! I thought Scotland had some hills but the ones in the Lakes are unreal, really enjoyed it though!
:laugh:

Chapeau too :smile:!

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scoosh said:
:laugh:

Chapeau too :smile:!

A quick recovery ride on Sunday evening with our very own Scook94 soon sorted the legs out. It was demoralising seeing him disappear every time we came to a hill though, and I had to tell him to slow down too! Great event though, if you fancy hills that is!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
eldudino said:
A quick recovery ride on Sunday evening with our very own Scook94 soon sorted the legs out. It was demoralising seeing him disappear every time we came to a hill though, and I had to tell him to slow down too! Great event though, if you fancy hills that is!
We'd warmed him up on Saturday, going round Loch Leven - and he was most abstemious at the cafe stop :rofl:.

He is quick, mind .... :biggrin:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scoosh said:
he was most abstemious at the cafe stop

I'm going to give the game away and tell you he had a curry and a beer on Saturday night though! :rofl:

I've been trying to get him to have a go at a TT but he doesn't fancy it.

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:

That was exactly how I felt last October! :tongue:

eldudino said:
I'm going to give the game away and tell you he had a curry and a beer on Saturday night though! :biggrin:

I've been trying to get him to have a go at a TT but he doesn't fancy it.

I had 8 beers, truth be told, and don't regret any of them! :biggrin:

scoosh said:
We'd warmed him up on Saturday, going round Loch Leven - and he was most abstemious at the cafe stop :rofl:.

He is quick, mind .... :biggrin:

haha, I had to look that up! I did have every intention of going back for carrot cake but got distracted by the witty banter! :smile:

Top Bottom